Intense 909 Fro Lite Tire

• S50 Sticky Rubber Compound
  • 2 Ply 36 TPI Casing
  • Foldable Bead

mtnridermike   Downhiller [Apr 29, 2010]
Strength:

Awesome tire on wet roots and on steep granite slabs, hooks up well in the loose soil and dirt, even works great on the trail with mud and snow conditions. I run this 26x2.5 one on the rear.

A lot of rolling resistance.

Awesome tire!

Similar Products Used: Kenda Nevegal Tire
Steve R   Downhiller [Jul 27, 2009]
Strength:

Weight, durability, large & widely space knobs

None discovered yet

This is a big knobby tire for muddy or loose soil conditions. I bought this tire kind of as a mud tire and was saving it, thinking it might not be that great for dry, hardpack terrain. Recently, I put this tire up on the front and rode it for 2 days at Panorama. Conditions were hard pack soil, rock, and some mud. The tire seemed to have great traction on all conditions, and the rolling resistance seemed comparable to a Maxxis MinionF. In the muddy sections, there was no mud collecting in the tire whatsoever. The kevelar bead held just fine, inspite of have to cope with a 240lb rider. Also, after two day of fairly hard riding, the tire showed no real sign of wear, even given the soft rubber compound. Lastly, the tire weight seems very reasonable, given the 2-ply casing and folding bead.

Overall, I would highly recommend this as general conditions, aggressive FRONT FR/DH tire.

I'm sure it would work well as a REAR tire as well, but most people would probably prefer something with a little less rolling resistance on their rear tire.

Lastly the pricing on Intense tires seems more reasonable than Maxxis, so for value wise, it would be well worth considering Intense tires.

Similar Products Used: Minion F, Michelin 16AT, Spec.Chunder
Andy K   Downhiller [Aug 07, 2008]

LOL...realized my wording at my review made this tire sound cheap! Low cost, highest possible quality is what I meant to say! Oh well, another 5 chilis! Buy these!

andykrow   Downhiller [Aug 07, 2008]
Strength:

Traction, weight, fast rolling, it has it all. Oh and love the folding bead!

Ummm...time will tell.

Found my new favorite front tire! Comparable weight (actually a tad lighter) to my minions with much better traction. FYI the 909 in 2.5 is the same size as the 2.7 minion.

Excellent in the gravelly loose stuff that is most of CO. Seems stickier on the rocks than the minion but with higher durometer rubber. It lacks the "damped" shock absorbing feel Maxxis casings/rubber has, but I go faster with this tire so who cares? It's been on wet roots, mud, gravel, sand, loose rocks, everything but slickrock and it's been amazing. I'm sure slickrock will be fine too...

Intense DH tires have a bad reputation for weight but that really only pertains to the 4 ply tires that they don't even make anymore. This is 2 ply with a Kevlar bead. Feels lighter and rolls faster than my minion, and the bead really helps in mounting and removing this thing.

Haven't had it long enough to tell how it wears but 5 long days on it have done nothing to it... I'm pretty sure it will last longer than the minion, which in itself wasn't bad at all.

I'll definitely try one on the back when my High Roller wears out. (Another great tire)

Oh yeah and these are pretty much the cheapest quality tires you can find so there you have it.