Intense 24 x 3.0 DH Tire

24" wheels allow a lower center of gravity, stronger wheels and quicker acceleration than 26" wheels.

• Perfect tire for loose, rocky and steep courses where you need to get over your back wheel
  • Run with 14-22 PSI
  • 60 durometer only
  • Available in medium casings only

• User Reviews (5)

Jay Mac   Downhiller [May 13, 2006]
    Strength:

sidewall stiffness= low psi's even for a 250lber like me; tread knobs blend sticky traction with good wear duration; rotatable; big volume acts as another 2inces of default suspension.

the weight for some, but not for me...just head to the gym and do squats, lunges and deadlifts (safely) and go out on an xc hill ride for endurance

I love big volume...I have big volume...that's all that matters when riding (with some fine tuning the tires hook-up to most anything.)

Similar Products Used: Arrow slow react 24x3.0 (worked as good...these are my 2 favourite tires in ther back.0
    Mike   Downhiller [Dec 07, 2004]
    Strength:

Super strong side walls, grips the trail like a champ, never flats, 3.0" is a beautiful number.

None!!!!!

Get the friggin tire. I have this in a 26" 2.7 front and it too is a lovely peice of rubber. I have never ridden a tire that builds as much confidence as these, or that performs as wells as these. THIS IS THE BEST TIRE MADE! Buy it! You'll love it. If I could give it 50 flaming dog poos, I would.

Similar Products Used: Maxxis this and that, Panaracer this and that, peices of crap
    Fernando   Downhiller [Apr 22, 2002]
    Strength:

Motor cycle like carcass. Very durable and puncture resistant sidewall. Great tire to run at 15lbs. Xlnt grip and control on straight line braking. Wears fairly good for a 60 dur. tire.

These tires weight alot!! Hard to get them rolling from dead start. Intense needs to offer a 24 x 2.6 with the 3.0.

Great tire for Jumping gaps, steep drops where a heavy duty tire is needed for puncture resistance. These tires do not hook up well on hard loose gravel turns. Great all around freeride tire, kinda heavy for DH racing. But if you have the leg power these tires might work well for you. I have used two sets of these tires and I am very satisfied with their performance.

Similar Products Used: Arrow 24 x 2.6 (These tires run really small. A 2.6 DH is almost the same size as a IRC 24 x 2.35 KUJO DH), Nokian 24 x 2.6 Gazzalodi Jrs.
    Fernando Villacorte   Downhiller [Mar 19, 2008]
    Strength:

I have been using these tires for over 5 years now and I have been very inpressed buy the very rugged and stiff sidewall. I purchased several pairs on closeout before Supergo went out of business. These tires are very puncture resistant even running at a low 15lbs. of pressure on very sharp and rocky trails. These tires also wear very well and rail on smooth single tracks.

The only problems I had were mounting these tires on Arrow 24 inch DH rims. I had to use steel Motorcycle tire levers to mount and dismount the tires when new. Also the tires are a little heavy, but that did not bother me too much.

I used up my last pair of 24 x 3.0's and I don't know if these are still availble, but I highly recommend these tires to anyone who wants a durable, puncture resistant and fast 24 inch DH tire. If you can still get these tires buy a few and try and them out. I know you will be satisfied with their performance.

Similar Products Used: Nokian Gazzi's 2.7 and 3.0, Intense 24 x 2.35, Panaracer fire DH 24 x 2.6, Arrow DH and IRC 24 x 2.35's.
    Brian Dickson   Downhiller [Jul 07, 2004]
    Strength:

Very strong side walls, punture resistant, almost impossible to pinch flat. hooks up amazing in any conditions.

none at the moment

Overall this is an amazing tire. Hooks up great great in any conditions. Amazing tire for drops, DJ, freeride, downhill. Recommended for the hardcore rider!