Intense 2.50 World Cup Tire

Same 3 groove design as the 2.40 WC with more air volume for greater floatation and flat prevention.

• Grooves provide great tracking performance
  • Ramped center knob provides better rolling resistance
  • Larger volume allows 16-26 PSI
  • 4-Ply FRO sidewall or medium casings
  • SR 50, 60 and 70 durometer choices

• User Reviews (7)

ridefreeride   Downhiller [Aug 20, 2009]
    Strength:

Grippy!!! grips in all terain and all situations

sidewalls are starting to wear down

awsome tires go buy them

Similar Products Used: kenda Nevagal 2.5 sticke
    Taylor   Downhiller [Jun 24, 2003]
    Strength:

4 ply sidewalls,sticky rubber,no reccomended PSI

One of the best tires out there.I have it on the rear and it's soooo sweet.Got it 9 PSI for super grip,along with the sticky rubber it won't let go of the trail.Hope to pick up a full set of these soon!

Similar Products Used: Maxxis mobsters,WTB moto raptors,Tioga factory DH
    GREGG DEGEAR   Downhiller [Oct 26, 2001]
    Strength:

This tire has so much going for it. It grips in all situations. Mud, roots, looses stones, these tires simply keep the tires on the trail and never slip or lose traction

They wear quickly

These are the best tires I have tried. My problem is they wear fast. They are best used on race days. (The amazing thing is these tires still grip when the knobs are worn down)That sticky rubber is the real deal

Steve   Racer [May 01, 2006]
    Strength:

excellent traction, can run low tire pressure, fast rolling

a little on the heavy side

other than being hard to find around where i live, its proved to be the best handling tire that ive ever used. Although the SR has a low durometer, u can usually ride them for a few months of hard riding...ive had a few thats lasted me over a year. i havent gotten too many flats with the tires even w/ low pressure. i would recommend this tired for anyone.

Similar Products Used: intense 909,dh, ex, maxxis mobster, minion, arrow prime bite
    Steve   [Nov 19, 2006]
    Strength:

Great pinch flat resistance.
    Good traction on loose, rocky climbs.

Weight.
    Transition between center lugs and side lugs is sketchy.

I've been running this tire on the front and rear for the last 6 months. They're replacing my old combo of Nokian Gazza (front) and Hutchinson Octopus (rear). That old combo netted very good traction, but the Octopus was lacking in pinch-flat resistance and the Gazza's were getting a little old. An LBS employee suggested these to run front and back.

I really like the tire as a rear tire. It offers good grip while climbing and braking (although not much better than my old Octopuses). But what makes these tires great as a rear tire is their pinch-flat resistance. On the rears, I'm running these between 9-12 psi - no flats so far. They are slow rolling tires and they are on the heavy side though.

I don't think the tire is as successful as a front tire. The gap between the paired center and the side lugs makes for an "interesting" transition between the two. When the tires are leaned into a corner, the tires wash out and lose traction for a fraction before the side lugs start to grip. I usually run these around 9 psi. When I told this to an LBS employee, he balked, claiming that I should run them at 20-30 psi. I tried them at 20 psi today and ended up going OTB when my front tire washed out after a jump. The tire remained sketchy until a took a good deal of air out of the tire.

Basically, I think the tire is great as a rear tire, but isn't optimal for me as a front tire. I'd much rather have a row of transition knobs between the center and side lugs to grip as the bike is leaned into corners. I think my old Gazza's offer better, more predictable grip in corners on the front. Also, I think the performance of these tires is closely related to the air pressure within them. For me, I like running them at low pressures, but then I'm not doing big drops, so YMMV.

Similar Products Used: Maxxis Minion and Highrollers.
    Hutchinson Octopus.
    Nokian Gazzalodi 2.3 Soft.
    Scott   Downhiller [Apr 21, 2004]
    Strength:

Holy crap! They grip like you would'nt believe

Porky rolling weight if you have to pedal on flats

These are the best tires that I've had on my bike yet. Besides my "Super-T", these tires have done more to improve my speed through the the gnarly stuff than just aboout any other upgrade. My Stinky is also my trail bike, so I suffer on the flats and uphills, but who cares. I simply cant imagine a tire performing much better on the downhills.

Similar Products Used: Intense DH 2.7, IRC Kujo DH (a great tire as well), Tioga DH (probably the worst product thats ever been on my bike. If you want to crash on every turn, get some tiogas)
    G MAN   Downhiller [May 14, 2004]
    Strength:

Unbelievable grip and tracking ability.

Like others have said - wears too fast and pricey, makes you cry when the knobs wear down.

Great rear tire but when they say FOR RACE ONLY that's because they wear so fast that you'll WISH you were sponsored!!!