Intense 2.40 Blurr DH Tire

Intense 2.40 Blurr DH Tire

Awesome dry condition tire. Tight center knob profile makes for fast rolling classic MTB tire.

• Knurled "Micro Knobs" provide additional grip
  • Uses our 2.35 DH tube
  • 18-28 PSI
  • 4-Ply FRO sidewall or medium casings available
  • SR 50, 60 and 70 durometer choices

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 05, 2001]
    Nick

Strength:

Insane grip, good firm tread knobs, sidewalls so tough that actually putting air in the tire is optional
    (not really)

Not as wide as it could be, expensive, and a bit on the heavy side. Probably wears quickly because of the sticky rubber, but for trials it doesn't seem to be an issue. It's really, really hard to get this tire onto a rhyno lite. I haven't had to take it off yet, but I dread the day I do.

I use this tire on the rear of my stock trials bike. I have the 50 durometer Sticky Rubber model with the FRO casing. This tire is simply incredible. I weigh 180 pounds, and ran my El Gato (my former favorite) at 30 PSI. I run the Blurr at 15-20 and it just won't bottom out. The sticky rubber compound clings to concrete like you wouldn't believe, but it's also more firm than the El Gato's rubber, making it feel less squishy on edges. The sidewalls on this tire are so tough that you can literally hold it straight out sideways, horizontal to the ground, and it won't fold. Even though this tire's about a full pound heavier than the El Gato or the Factory DH 2.35, it's barely noticeable. If you want a good tough tire, with insane grip, and have a little extra cash to blow, look no further.

IRC El Gato, Ricthey Z-Max 2.35, WTB Laser V 2.4, IRC Kujo 2.25, Panaracer Pyro

OVERALL
    [Apr 13, 2002]
    Todd

Strength:

Great grip, tubes never pop. strong

Impossible to get off or on a rim. you need like 5 people to get this tire on. other then that it is good. Beads startin to fall off

This tire is sweet as long as you are using a dh tube inside it. Mine has finally started to wear away after a year of use. i can say i am happy with that. after a yr of thrashing a few beeds startin to rip aint bad.

WTB