Hutchinson Toro MRC Medium Tire

Hutchinson Toro MRC Medium Tire

• More open lateral knobs that dig in better
  • Low knobs on the top of the tire to optimize grip and help shed mud
  • Hardskin reinforced for a better resistance to tears and cuts

[Mar 27, 2011]
Veda

Strength:

Easy installation as if UST with minimal sealant. Grips very well. Virtually the lightest tubeless tire in the market for all around terrain.

Cost like other expensive tubeless tires

With measured real world weight per tire of 620gr. Downright the lightest tubeless tire for all terrain all year usage that's hella durable. Installs to Fulcrum + Roval wheels without any problem and holds air like tubed tires despite using very minimal sealant. I've stopped experimenting with tires and won't use anything else. Well maybe for pure mud track but I'm an XC racer...

Many. Changed tires every month to experiment

[Dec 16, 2010]
Mtb2thebeat

Strength:

Toro Hardskin 2.15 tubed model. Cheap at Jenson. They roll very well for a knobby tire. Nice floaty feel as a back tire on a steel hardtail. Very good traction

Not as wide as stated. Requires smooth transitions. Not for the jerky, twitchy rider.

Comparing to the other tires I've owned: Toro's roll great, and have a great feel to them. I'm all about improving the way I ride. I was told that these tires work well if you smoothly transition into corners. So far, this technique works very well. The Fire's did not roll well but had great climbing traction, and good cornering bite. If I'm getting similar traction with better rolling resistance, +1 for the Toro's.

I wanted to go with the larger 2.35 Toro, but the 2.15's were on sale for $18 each. I couldn't pass it up, and so far I haven't been disappointed. I ride very technical trail with lots of limestone and granite rock, often sharp ones. I'm running 30psi with no flats so far.

IRC Mythos 2.1, Panaracer Fire XC 2.1

[Oct 24, 2010]
explosive biker

Strength:

I have tested the tire (2.15 hardskin) in all conditions from very drough conditions to very raining times. The strengths? Relativly cheap, rolls not to heavy.

Many! Has a very bad traction on the rear wheel, no grip at corners. Not maded for the speed devil!

Don't buy these tires, the are bad, very bad... Put more money in your tires, for more performance.

Many

[Jan 06, 2009]
beastwood9

Strength:

good sidewalls?

can be used tubeless on UST rim in non-tubeless form

Where do I start?

2.15 tire that measures 1.8 at best

casing so stiff traction and RR are very poor

low volume casing in addition to narrowness noted above

Waste of time and money. Would recommend these to anyone racing against me :). These are so small that when one wheel with these was placed next to a Spec Captain 2.0 the latter looked like a 29er

many