Hutchinson Top Slick 2 Tire

Hutchinson Top Slick 2 Tire

• New water droplet profile offers perfect grip on the road
  • Rolls smooth and fast for road riding

[Oct 24, 2010]
travis.garrison

Strength:

low rolling resistance, weight, narrowness

No extra puncture resistance

When I bought my bike I wanted something that I could outfit for road and then very quickly swap out the tires and tear up the single track. At 240lbs I didn't care a whole lot about weight of the bike, but I quickly learned that a pound of rotational weight off the bike is way more valuable than a pound of fat off my gut.

Enter Top Slick 2. I was somewhat concerned about pinch flats but haven't experienced a single one. I always keep the pressure around 95psi and they fit my rims quite nicely. Punctures however I believe are untested. I'll probably take my bike down to colorado this summer and I don't expect them to fare well against the likes of goatheads and other such sharp objects, but perhaps at that time I will add some slime to my tubes... something I would avoid like the plague if you care about rotational weight.

These tires combined with light weight tubes and plugs instead of rim strips equaled significant losses in rotational weight and significant losses in friction