Hutchinson Scorpion Gold Elite Tire

Scorpion Gold Elite

There isn’t much worseThan spinning yourTires inThe mud, and not making progress. Wet and muddyTerrains bellow forThe use ofThe Hutchinson Scorpion Gold EliteTires.The Scorpion Gold Elite, embedsThe new silicaTechnology which improvesThe rider’s performance.The uniqueTread design has been optimized specifically for muddy conditions.The aggressive profile andTriangle souples provide excellent handlingThroughTurns.  front or rear For muddy, challenging conditions Folding bead 795 gra

Kent West   Cross Country Rider [Nov 01, 2006]
Strength:

Haven't found any so far.

Very small, widely spaced knobs that wore out after about 30-40 miles, punctures easily, thorns go through like made of Saran wrap.

Never trust the French. I assume in France there are no rocks, roots or thorns or they would have known these #@*&ing tires wear out after about 4-5 rides. Maybe they just never really rode them on any trails. I bought them on the Internet, and when I got them, I could see the tiny, hollowed out blocks were spaced literally ABOUT 2 INCHES APART! Not only is there no grip when the blocks start to wear (very quickly), there is so much exposed casing that any thorns you ride over end up in your tubes. These tires are advertised "for wet conditions," so I rode them in the rain and slid off everything I should have stuck to (rocks, roots, etc.). I would like to personally place them in the French genius' body cavity who designed them. I had a pair of Python Elites (the old style) that were great tires, but the question is not whether these suck, but rather what do they suck. To say they suck is to insult things that suck everywhere.

I've written at least 50 words, but I could go on all day.
Who should buy them? Sell them to the French, they deserve them.
Yes, I actually own them or at least until the trash man comes.
Yup, just one review on these wonderous tires.
I won't attack the guy who liked 'em.
My spelling is perfect, I think.

Similar Products Used: So many tires, so little time
OVERALL
Ty   Weekend Warrior [Sep 01, 2005]
Strength:

Lightweight, large volume, float, fast for its size (2.3). Rails corners very well. Very low roll resistance! I like it!

Not GREAT BITE Traction - Good but not great. There is certainly a trade off, when desiring lightweight but large volume and low rolling resistance.

Good product if you want low roll resistance in a light weight package. I ride mostly aggressive xc taking any and all drops along the way. But for serious freeriding, I would use one of my other many brands in the garage. Ride and live hard!

Similar Products Used: Hut Python gold, panaracers, irc kujo, kenda kinetics, Wtb weirwolves etc...
OVERALL