Hutchinson Bulldog MRC High Tire

• Low rolling resistance
  • MRC HIGH technology
  • Optimized knobs design

oscarperez   Cross Country Rider [Sep 25, 2010]
Strength:

long wearing,fairly good all around off road performance, no flats...so far

not sure what tire you other guys are reviewing? but I find the MRC high to be the most long wearing tire I have owned,the MRC high is a relatively hard rubber compound?I have the 2.1 version and run 30 psi back, 29 front with slime pro sealant, not one flat so far, very impressive tough setup.this is a perfect tire for a bike that I ride 50 miles a week to work and use off road as a second bike.it is a heavy tire however most light weight tires are not very durable.

Similar Products Used: many
Ben   Weekend Warrior [Apr 23, 2007]
Strength:

Grip, grip and more grip/spread out nobs/seemed to clean well in the mud/light/rolls fast

Not the best wet tire/two rides two flats. They are the smallest 2.3's that I have seen. Slightly bigger then my 2.0 specialized's/.

I like tires that have a spread out distribution of nobs. The stock tires had the giant center nob which I just don't like in the rocky/rooty area I ride in. These are pretty cheap and they remind me of the roll-x's that I like except that these roll so much better. Smooth roll, light. Three rides on them so I will report back with more later. They are small for 2.3's so if you reg ride a 2.0 look into getting the 2.3. Thanks to Jimmy for recc. these at Stedman's (the best bike shop in ri).I will give them 4 chillis for now.

Similar Products Used: Tioga Factory XC/Specialized Roll-X/Resolution(?)....
Pedro Ros   Cross Country Rider [May 21, 2006]
Strength:

for the front wheel they perform perfect: good grip, vertical design:good absorption, not high nor low rolling-resistance,no punctures (but for hitting stones at high speed), great in cornering at any speed (high) and in both muddy or hardpack conditions... I will buy another exactly the same after wearing this.

I recommend them to anyone except to purist downhillers. For XC and rallie they perform great; as I said before: "I will buy another exactly the same after wearing this."

Similar Products Used: panaracer dart, tioga psycho, hut. on the rocks, python, squale, scott, specialized team control,
simon lorry   Weekend Warrior [Jul 19, 2006]
Strength:

This tyre is light and rolls ok.

The sidewalls on this tyre are unacceptably weak both in feel/flex whilst riding and in strength as in abrasion resistance. I managed to destroy the rear in about a dozen average 2-3hour rides around various locations in Sydney sandstone. The tread is still ok but the sidewall has completely torn out in various places for 1/3 of the circumfrence.
As a front tyre I didn't believe the hype about this tyre being unpredictable but I too finally got caught out, the front sliding out from beneath me on pavement.

Do not use these tyres on the rear anywhere near loose or fixed rocks. Do not ride fast on firm pack and try to corner agressively with this tyre up front.

Similar Products Used: Maxxis High Roller ust,WTB,Tioga DH, Hutchinson octapuss.
Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Jul 03, 2006]
Strength:

Fast rolling, grips in dry, wet, rooty.

Wears quickly

Very good front tire for a variety of terrain/conditions. Grips well on wet rock or loose gravel. The tire is fast rolling and I've increased my speeds on turns due to the confidence I have in this tire. My only issue with the Bulldog is how quickly it's wearing.

Similar Products Used: Maxxis High Roller, Specialized Adrenaline, Roller Pro.