Geax Sedona 225 Tire

Geax Sedona 225 Tire

• Front or rear tire, super fast in dry hardpack conditions.
  • Short stiff blocks widely spaced for greater flotation and mud clearing.
  • High strength-to-weight ratio of the knobs yields high traction while providing excellent driving efficiency and lightweight.

Folding 26 x 2.25 645g
    Wire 26 x 2.25 700g

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 25, 2003]
    Duane

Strength:

cushy, awesome traction on hard pack, absorbs shock well, has'nt flatted on me in >2yrs, great braking, very responsive

HUUUUUUGE; can't jump them over anything because they hit the front brake assembly

This tire is just great for about everything I ride (no mud, little if any wet conditions) in SoCal. The immense size soaks up rocks, bumps, you name it. Going downhill on the part of the 24-hr track that parallels the road made it seem like nothing could stop it, surprised me. Works in tight situations that require fast response because of the shorter tread design and the knobbie design itself.
    The look of them might throw ya off at first, but try 'em and see. Mine usually were at 40psi. If you ride in hardpack / rocky areas, these babies will make you a happy camper, even downhill through 3 inches of sand at superman near Santa Rosa plat. Just make damn sure they have enough clearance from your brakes.

[Aug 25, 2007]
    Tim

Strength:

Excellent climbing, braking and cornering on hardpack. Fast rolling. A high volume tyre - it absorbs bumps well. Quite light too. Handles tarmac well. Sheds mud OK.

I found it difficult to mount the tyre without it wobbling slightly. Not very durable - after 3 rides and about 180km there is noticable chuncks missing from the knobs. 2 knobs have nearly came off completely. Could have been caused by rocky, steep downhill sections, a little disappointing.

I bought a pair for AU$35 from one of my local bike shops as they were just trying to get rid of them. They're a good tyre, I'm glad I bought them. I switched to a specialised roll-x 2.1 in the rear as the 2.25 sedona was a little too big. They're a fantastic for hardpack or hardpack with a thin layer of loose stuff. If you're riding in really loose, muddy or very rocky terrain these aren't the way to go.

Specialized Roll-X

[Dec 29, 2003]
    Dave Genung

Strength:

Size/volume, lightweight in proportion to size, low rolling resistance, durability, predictability in a variety of terrains/conditions, added suspension qualities, excellent control at higher speeds.

Not the best (nor the worst) cornering tire at low speed or in tight single track.

I have used these tires for the past five years and absolutely love them. I believe there is no "One Tire" for all conditions, but for me - this is one tire that works reasonably well in all and exceptionally well in many. For their size and tread design they are very lightweight, fast, controlable at speed, and supply predictable traction over a variety of terrain. Yes, they may present clearance problems with some frames. Yes, the sidewalls are thin - but riding in the desert southwest is always a very rocky proposition and after having gone through many sets of these tires (front & rear) over five years I have yet to have had a sidewall failure. I have tried many different tires in 13 years of riding and have found some that excelled in very specific conditions and faltered in others. This particular tire seems to do all jobs well enough for me - I'll be sad the day they stop manufacturing this tread design. The "roundness" problem that others have written about previously is due to the tire's large size and supple sidewall and the problem can be corrected by careful inflation and seating of the kevlar bead in the rim. I typically will inflate the tire to roughly 15 psi and go around the rim and make sure the bead is seated properly.

Ritchey Z-Max 2.35

[Oct 19, 2003]
    Jacko P

Strength:

grippy compound,HUGE volume,light for size,very durable

may not fit your bike

I have used this tire as a rear tire for over a year for all my riding,which includes;commuting on the road to and from work,urban assault,single track and black diamond XC. I have not had one pinch or puncture using standard tubes and anywhere from 20 to 40psi,and I'm no lightweight @ 245lbs. Go GEAX !!

velociraptors,michelin lite S,motoraptors

[Sep 10, 2001]
    Ron

This tire rolls with ease over the bumps and corners well. My riding partners always comment on the size of it. It looks like a donut and rides sweet. Use this tire in dry condidtions because the mud likes to cake up on it.

[Oct 02, 1998]
    beef
    cross-country rider

The 2.25 Sedona is a pretty cool tire. First off, it's really big and green. Second, it has great traction and feel and it is light(my 2.25 weighs an actual 615 grams but not the claimed 565 grams or whatever). It works good in everything I ride on: mostly hardpack rocky, rooty forest trails but also sand and loam. I ride it on a rigid bike and it works well at low pressures for this purpose: you can run it at low pressures for the cushyness and not worry about pinch flats. I like this tire a lot.The only negative is that it is slightly slower rolling than my next favorite tire: Specialized Ground Control 2/k 1.9 (actual weight 537 grams). But that's to be expected as the Sedona 2.25 is a really big tire.

[May 25, 2000]
    Greg Kuiper

Strength:

Low pressure, no pinch flats. Huge tire raises my front end up about 1.25 inches. Awesome for downhill over big rocks. No noticeable rolling resistance uphill. Very cushy ride with low pressure 35 psi.

If turned in the hard direction it will grab soft sand. In my opinion it is better to leave in the soft direction unless you always ride on rock.

Very sweet tire. I plan to get a rear tire as well.

[May 01, 2001]
    Jeff

Strength:

fat, light, grippy in hardpack

soft sidewalls

I have been really pleased with this tire, actually, I have tried a number of Geax tires and liked them all.

I'm running this up front and find that it's really confident in hardpack and loose stuff. Have not tried it in mud.

the sidewalls are soft, probably the biggest factor in this tires relative light weight, but I'm not a heavy rider (170lbs) and haven't had a problem.

[Apr 17, 2001]
    Scott

Strength:

Light weight.
    Predictable handling.

Fairly soft sidewall tends to roll over pretty easily.
    Loose bead is kinda scary in fast off camber.

A decent fool around tire, but not for the rocky steeps. A little sketchy for fast technical, but good for technical slow wet situations. 3 flaming ca-ca's for the Euros who created this monster. I reccomend this tire for somone who is looking for downhill sized rubber in a light weight carcass. (It will go uphill fairly well at that.)

IRC, Contis', Panaracer, Tioga Etc...

[Apr 10, 2001]
    Chris Orsini

Strength:

keep you goin, you can go over sand like it was road

not good for road but who'd give about road

awsome tire's, they just barrel over anything in it's path!!

nothin really