Geax Sedona 200 Tire

Geax Sedona 200 Tire

• Front or rear tire, super fast in dry hardpack conditions.
  • Short stiff blocks widely spaced for greater flotation and mud clearing.
  • High strength-to-weight ratio of the knobs yields high traction while providing excellent driving efficiency and lightweight.
  • Designed to handle all cross-country riding and racing conditions, especially dry hardpack.
  • Available in tubeless rigid bead version.

Folding 26 x 1.85 480g
    Wire 26 x 1.85 530g
    Folding 26 x 2.00 540g
    Wire 26 x 2.00 585g
    Tubeless 26 x 2.00 760g

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 19, 2009]
    waldo wankerman

Strength:

Inexpensive.

Awful in mud.

Front tire kept stepping out sideways in mud on these. Not confidence inspiring. Never again.

Bonts, XC Fires Ritcheys

[Jul 06, 2008]
    zesty

Strength:

Price is right, weight is good. I use the 26x2.0 kevlar bead. The tread is reversable for hardpack or loose, but I've always ridden on the hardpack direction.

None that I've found

These tires are great. I've been riding them for over a year. They're lightweight and the price is right. I'm a casual biker and ride a lightweight hardtail. I don't jump off of loading docks or do 50' Pac NW backcountry drops. The tread is reversable and fits front or back rim. These tires are a great upgrade from wire bead tires. FYI: the stock photo shows a green sidewall. Mine are regular black.

IRC Serac.

[Apr 10, 2006]
    Jon Staldine

Strength:

cheap, tread worked well...

bad quality control, excessive cracking like premature and unwarranted dry rot. Hideous teal sidewall color

I ordered these from Nahbar in November. when aired back up to 45-50 psi for spring, bad cracking all the way around the tire where the tread met the sidewall occured. I'll never buy a geax tire again. Total waste of time and money.

Maxxis Larsen Mimo, a number of specialized tires, bontrager jones

[Dec 09, 2001]
    Steve

Strength:

Review is for tubeless. Used for rear tire with Python in front. Ran at 35psi and tire "sucked" ground, which was hard/soft terrain. Shed mud and never lost traction. Great looks

None, other than weight, yet I have Mavic CrossMax rims that are light.

Great alternative to Hutchinsons, which work great for dry trails. I needed something a bit more aggressive and this has filled the need.

Hutchinson for rear, which did not get enough traction on climbs when out of the saddle

[Mar 08, 2002]
    trottier winston n.c

Strength:

it is very slow rolling and i am just using it for traing and using hutchinsoins for races

very quickly to wear down!!!!!

THIS PRODUCT IS ok...i tihnk it rolls sort of slow and wears down quickly but gets great tracktion and it good in mud. if uyou have it hooked up to the right way. i liked these but they are heavy and i want my supercaliber to stay under 21 pounds so i ahve to go back to the huthinsons

[Oct 14, 2003]
    David Edwards

Strength:

Good God y'all! This tire does act as a shock absorber. I have a hardtail, and washboard was really reduced on hard pack.Great grip, and I really tried to spin out while going uphill, and it held the trail like a champ.

None so far, but I accept the fact that tires wear out.

Best tire ever. I've been biking for a while, and I love all of the features this tire has to offer. Worth the few extra $$!

Velociraptors, Panaracers, Kenda, Tioga

[Nov 17, 2006]
    Jake

Strength:

Good all-around tire, does well in all categories other than extremes.

Doesn't excel in any category. Seemed to damage easiy.

They hooked up well in all but the kind of mud you shouldn't be riding in anyhow. They rolled well but not as well as even Mythos or Jones for being what looks like a non-aggressive tread.

Puncture-damaged easily, but lasted FOREVER. Perhaps a more brittle rubber compund? Would explain some dry-rotting claims.

I'v seen them for pennies on sites like nashbar... pick them up and you'll probably be happy.

IRC and Panaracer semi-slicks and knobbies.

[Jan 21, 2002]
    Saucy Boy

Strength:

Pretty light, fast, great traction on hardpack and rocks (southern AZ), cornering traction

Durability on the rear. Within 50 miles the knobs were undercut, and with under 100 miles on the tire it's throwing knobs and showing cord. The front seems to be holding up OK. I do ride a lot of sharp rocks, but that's all there is here.

I have the rear facing the hard direction and the front facing the soft direction (an atempt to maximize climbing on the back and braking on the front). When I threw these tires on I loved them. I would still love them if not for the severe rubber erosion on the back. Ripping off knobs is a common occurence where I ride, but my buddies seem to be having good luck with the green Michelins, so I try some of those next.

Other hardpack tires: Nanoraptors (don't corner well), Rocksters (don't climb as well as the Sedona, but had more like 500 miles before the knobs ripped off)

[Sep 06, 2001]
    Joe

Strength:

Great tire for front and rear.
    Works everywhere.
    Reasonable weight.

These are the absolute best tires I have ever used in all conditions. Mud, sand, hard pack, gravel over hardpack, on road. Very fast on road and off. Great traction and cornering. I use them front and rear in the hard direction ("C" facing forward), 50psi, with ultralite Vittoria tubes. No pinch flats at this pressure. Very few punctures. Very confidence inspiring on climbs, cornering, and descending. 550g is reasonable weight. I've tried lighter tires but the performance gap between them and the Sedonas was too big.

Hutchinson Python Gold and Air Light, Specialized Rockster, Bontrager Revolt, Geax Blade, WTB Velociraptor

[Aug 05, 1999]
    Nick Fenton

Strength:

Light cheap, came with my bike good sand/up hile traction

******HORRIBLE IN THE CORNERS******* wEARS REALLY FAST***

Ok tire but I'm twelve years old and don't way much but some how I managed to drift pretty far in a tight turn and wiped out pretty bad, I got the Fire XC and did the same turn and was fine. If your thinking about buying this tire don't expect to turn safely oh yeah I WORE THESE TIRES **********OUT IN TWO DAYS JUST BY RIDING ON HARD PACK******

pANNERACER fIRE xc PRO