Geax Gato TNT Tire

Gato TNT

The Gato was designed for maximum grip and control in wet and loose conditions.

Hoolie   Cross Country Rider [Feb 28, 2013]
Strength:

Great winter tire, Relatively light for All mountain durability. Small sipes in tread give great wet traction, open voids shed mud, GREAT summer tire too! I used the 29er version at Downieville and hooked up great! I like how this tire holds a line in turns on flat "no berm trails". The side knobs are set into a rubber platform for good cornering manners. Also, the side knobs are uniform in size and this keeps the tire tracking in a predictable manner in turns. They can be found on sale for $30 or $40.

Wish I could get 2.35 or 2.4 in TNT

Okay, 5 chilis is the highest rating I have ever given for both! That says alot. This is the 26 x 2.3 TNT All Mountain version (see GEAX.com). I liked the 29er version so much, that I bought this 26er set. The BEAD is top notch, and a true UST hook for rims. I use UST rim on 26 inch bike, and Rim tape on 29er, these Gato tires work perfectly on both styles at moderately low pressures of 28 to 31 psi.

Similar Products Used: Geax Mezcal (awesome), Nevegal, Ignitor, Hutchinson Toro (awesome), Continental Mt King (great but narrow sizing),
OVERALL