Duro Matador Tire

Duro Matador Tire

WhenTheTerrain changes, you need aTreadThat responds. Has a low rounded profileTo ensure a fast roll rate in every condition. Cross-blocked angled chevrons bite intoThe sand and shed loose dirt and mud. - Intended Use: Crosscountry - Weight: 660 grams (claimed) - Durometer: 60A - Bead: Folding

[Aug 21, 2014]
Todd

Strength:

Price. Excellent traction.

Not super heavy, but not lightweight either. Feels like they will wear fast (soft compound).

Bought one of these for stupid cheap close-out price online after a brand new tire got a small sidewall slash on it's first ride (actually I think it came like that from the store, but I didn't notice until after riding it). It was on the rear of my "budget build" bike, so I wasn't looking for much other than something to take off-road occationally. Well I was stunned when I did take it out to one of my favorite area trails. Holy crap does this tire hook up on dry hard pack and looser soil. And it rolls really well. I felt like I was traveling faster and easier than my "main" bike with a well known brand name tire. I was so impressed that I went back online and ordered two more as backups should something happen.

I have not ridden it in wet/muddy conditions yet, but when compared to other tread designs, it appears that it should do ok.

WTB Velociraptor. IRC Mythos XC. Panaracer FirePro XC. Kenda Excavators.

OVERALL
[Dec 30, 2012]
KM

Strength:

low price, durable, kevlar bead

Been riding this tire for six months in the hills of WNC which include singletrack and forestry roads. Great grip in the corners due to the knobbies on the sides of the tread. May be slower on dirt roads that some other tires, but the price is great.

OVERALL