DMR Moto Digger Tire

Moto Digger

Our new DMR Moto Digger is designed to get the power down in looser and softer trail conditions. The sharp edged, Motocross style tread blocks are profiled to dig deep and find grip where other tyres lose it. Staggered shoulder blocks that wrap round the tyre, give powerful high speed, low angle cornering. Dig?

Sizes

• 24"x2.35"
  • 26"x2.35"

• User Reviews (6)

lew242   Racer [Oct 15, 2010]
    Strength:

Grip, style, speed, smoothness and price.

Tad heavy, but no biggie.

More sizes, dual ply-versions, protection versions, race versions etc needed in product line-up. Tire is a winner, wake up DMR!

This is a review for the 2.1 wire bead version that weirdly doesn't appear on any website!?

Very durable real world tire, not really a race tire. Tread lasts forever and performs very well on tarmac, and doesn't hum loudly or judder. Hard-pack is great too and loose over is good. Occasionally a little sketchy on pure loose. Grips well on high inflation (road at 40 psi plus).

I've never had a better tire for hard-pack or loose over, but I've had as good a performer for more money with Aramid dual-ply tires at around 500 grams, with a little more pure loose ability, but never with the same durability or price.

Fine in the damp and OK in the wet. If I could give the tire 7 stars for value I would.

The **perfect** muck around everyday commuter do everything high durability training tire. Even well worth considering for hard-pack/loose over/fire trail/DJ/Slope-style racing.

Similar Products Used: I'd be here too long!!
    DyNaM1T3   Weekend Warrior [Feb 18, 2010]
    Strength:

Cheap, grippy, light & fast rolling for size, large volume, (used my Moto RT's for years with little wear), Reasonable onroad, better at offroad & gravel than the Moto RT's. Very predictable controlable slide, when cornering at speed on the loose.

For what they're designed for - none found

I needed something more offroad than my Moto RT's, while retaining reasonable onroad grip. Went for the folding, for a cheap (+£8) 1/2lb-ish (pair) rotating weight reduction.

Similar Products Used: Moto RT's, Halo Twinrails.
    nicholas poetker   Downhiller [Apr 11, 2009]
    Strength:

good grip, fast rolling, strong for a single ply. i ride hard and in 2 years there is no wear to the sides. and the blocks are still nice and big after 2 years.

wet no so good for wet streets or off road but then again most tires slip anyway once thing get gooey.

i use this on the front of my bike and the moto on the back. i ride lots of street and hard pack dirt jumps. sometimes i even take her dh riding. and other than realy wet slime like dirt or moldy wet dirt these tires hold up and stick there lines. and both of them seem to be everlasting since they show little wear after lots of street and dh dj riding.
    i also want to try this as a dh tire for a fast rolling fast peddeling rear tire on my bottle rocket. i think it should work great.

Similar Products Used: holly rollers k-rads
    obiwan   Downhiller [Dec 09, 2008]
    Strength:

grip!
    little rolling resistance
    looks nice
    Kovarik rides one
    support the UK trails scene
    pretty durable too.

haven't had trouble with it myself but the sidewalls seem a bit thin..

I've been running this tyre on the front since it came out; I love it and will never buy another tyre for allround relatively dry weather; it grips really well especially in a bit loose, sandy conditions and on hardpacked 4x or bmx tracks and trails. Breaks loose very predictably and isn't even that bad in the wet although it tends to clog when riding in the mud.

I'd say it's worth the 5 flaming beans easily.

Similar Products Used: jesus, what not? from the top of my head : highrollers ,holyrollers (worst tyre I've ever tried), Tioga Comp X and Factory MX bmx tyres, tioga dh tyre, maxxis mofo, Conti Diesel, Dirt monsters.
    Hobberz18   Weekend Warrior [Jun 26, 2008]
    Strength:

Very fast tires over both roads and trails. Though classified as "Dirt Jump" I use them for singletrack and freeride. I will never go anywhere else for tires from now on.

For me it was the most difficult tire to seat on my wheels...EVER!!

This tire is not for Weight Weenies....HEAVY!!

BEST TIRE FOR THE PRICE!!

I run them on roads during the week and take it to the trails on the weekend. This tire as SLOW wearing. They are everything I could ever ask for in a tire.

NOT A WET TIRE
    I would NEVER use these in mud or wet conditions because the knobs are so close I can imagine alot of mud getting in there.