CST Rock Hawk Tire

CST Rock Hawk Tire

The Rock Hawk from CST features an aggressive tread pattern with large, well-spaced lugs. This spacing allows the tire to shed mud and other debris on mountain bike trails with varying conditions. In order to help reduce rolling resistance, the center knobs have been ramped. The Rock Hawk is available with a wire bead or folding bead with EPS puncture protection.

[Jan 17, 2018]
PrestonH
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

. Amazing Value, great for hard packed and wet/muddy conditions, lots of grip, good puncture protection, 2.4 and 2.25 options

Very slow rolling, and very hard but possible to set up tubeless.

Overall this tire is an amazing value for someone looking for a large knobby tire and some good puncture protection. this tire is quite slow rolling so you are not going to be when any races on the tires but they have loads of grip in almost all conditions, however i did feel that the tires struggles in loose sandy conditions.These tires are very hard to set up tubeless. To elaborate even with using soapy water and an air compressor paired with a TR rim, these tires were very difficult to seat. With all the craze and benefits of tubeless tires these day, I would recommend some other tires that are TR such as the Schwalbe Hans Dampf or the nobby nic for other value tires.

[Feb 03, 2016]
Michael Yaeger

Strength:

29x2.4" width available! Kevlar folding bead. Excellent grip, especially in wet, muddy, or tacky conditions. Extremely durable. Nearly puncture-proof.

As others have stated, these are one of the heaviest tires you can buy, especially the 29x2.4. They are not TCS (tubeless ready). A little slower rolling than some other designs. The folding bead causes the tire to "flatten" when off the rim, making it harder to seat on the rim than a traditional wire bead.

I've got the folding version of these tires in a 2.4 front / 2.25 rear setup on my 29er. As I began to get more experienced in MTB, my power and speed increased. However, there were two areas holding me back: climbing and cornering. I found that the more power I put to the trail on steep climbs, the more I started to spin out. Also, the increased speed I was taking corners at was causing me to loose grip and nearly washout. I found myself holding back in these two areas. So, I went with this setup to inspire confidence, despite the fact that they would be much slower than my factory 1.95" tires. Plus, they were 1/3 the price of a name brand. These tires have proved their worth for what I needed!

Hutchinson Toro 29x2.15

[Jul 26, 2015]
Marc

Strength:

Grip, grip, grip! These tires performed tremendously during a 24 hour race in a very rocky, roots, muddy area. I felt very confident diving into corners and climbing.

Heavy and slow (due to great grip).

I was able to purchase these tires for about $20 each and they definitely are worth the money. They are slow rolling, but inspire great confidence! You can count on these tires in dicey, rough conditions.

Schwalbe Racing Ralph, Maxxis ADvantage, WTB Exiwolf

[Apr 02, 2015]
Doug Rierdan
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Durability. I ride a lot of miles on hard SoCal rocks. I keep track of how long my tires last. Prior to this, all my tires lasted 850 miles. The RockHawk doubled this! They lasted forever.

Great grip, they climb like a goat and grip the corners like crazy.

A great tire if you ride hard

The same thing that makes them great is their weakness. They grip the trail. These are not XC race tires , so they are a tad slow

I love CST tires! Why pay $60 for a tire? I have tried many of their offerings, this is the best so far.

Do yourself a favor, try this tire. You won't be disappointed

CST Caballero

[Feb 23, 2015]
ly

Strength:

Great traction, handle abuse, rare punctures, roll pretty well, look great.

A little heavy, hard to bead up on tubeless..

Really like these tires, run a 29 by 2.4 up front and 29 by 2.25 rear. Run the folding in a tubeless configuration (Very hard to get these to bead, once beaded, not a single problem) Been running these tires 2 mo's (25 miles per week) and tread still looks new(by contrast, trashed a set of Conti Xkings in 3 months) these tires havr great traction, I can really lean the bike in turns. As a matter of fact, had get used to how sharp these turn in. So far they hv Been great all around tires, gravel, rock gardens, dusty loose trails, and mud. They have handled everything I have thrown at them. Paid 60.00 for "both" including shipping, a great price. While just slightly heavier than most comparable tires, these tires can handle some abuse, not a puncture yet. One drawback is These tires throw alot of rocks. Overall, very very happy with my Rockhawks. Great bang for the buck

Continental X-Kings, Geax Saguaros

[Sep 22, 2014]
Jp

Strength:

I run the 29" x 2.4" on the front wheel of my Giant Trance x2.
Great tire for trail or all-mountain riding, cornering traction and handles abuse.

a little on the heavy side.

Best tire I have ever purchased for $20.