CST Camber Tire

CST Camber Tire

The Camber is a hardpack tire designed to run in specific directions for the front and rear. In front, the Camber rolls fast, confidently grabbing corners in even the loose stuff. Reversed on the rear, the Camber gives you the same confidence in the corners, plus additional acceleration and climbing traction. The Pro level tire provides lightweight EPS puncture protection layer, making the Camber's dependability as good as its performance.

[May 05, 2015]
Doug in San Diego
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

CST tires are a great bargain. Great quality, and you try can a few to find the one you like best. This is a fast rolling tire.

Not grippy enough on loose rocky terrain. Here in San Diego it seems that every trail is loose gravel over hardback.
Not ideal for my conditions. It seems that the rocks are chewing this tire up

I have loved and used CST tires for several years. I thought I would try a fast rolling, small tread choice. I did not like it, granted I was coming from the CST Rockhopper which is a beast.

They weren't for me, but for the right person they would be great

[Aug 10, 2014]
Learux

Strength:

Read the description. It really does what it claims

Non so far. Several hundred miles as a front tire in super dry socal in the summer time

I really like this tire. Wears well gives good confidence in corners.

[Dec 27, 2013]
G.Mac

Strength:

Really fast front wheel floats over sandy stuff. Gives good stability during turns. Rear tire gives tons of traction in the soft stuff. Also performs great on rock, gravel, and damp sand. Low noise when riding on pavement to the trail. Compound is hard and will last a long time.

Picks up small pebbles and throw them at your face. I was hoping for a little higher pressure, like 80psi for commuting.

A good tire for a great value. Got the 26"x2.25" ones for $15 a piece when the Specialized Resolution tires on my '08 Specialized Hardrock finally rode their last ride. The CST Cambers perform really well in hardpack and surprisingly well in soft sand. I have ridden a little in damp sand and they do fine. I have not ridden in any mud. They corner well too, probably due to the tread far up the sidewall. The 65psi max pressure hurts my speed on pavement -- I like to ride fast to the trail, and I ride this rig to work too.

Overall, this is a great tire for those who live in the Southwestern US, where its normally dry, sandy, and rocky.

[Jun 08, 2012]
MO XC Rider

Strength:

cheap, fast, corners well

even a little mud can make then feel sloppy

The description on the manufacture's web site is pretty much spot on. Only issue is even a little mud can effect the cornering, the outer edge held the mud more than I thought it should and takes a little longer to shed the mud than I would like.

[Jul 03, 2011]
danhasdrums

Strength:

Rolls fast, grips well, inexpensive, lightweight

Sluggish in mud, grabs rocks from the ground and throws them at the bike/rider.

When in a random bike shop in Litchfield, CT, I found these tires which were demo'd by the owner of the store. In a pinch, I needed a tire (ended up with 2), and all their new MTN tires were 1.9 or lower. He sold me the pair, with tubes for $10. I usually go with a more aggressive tread pattern, but since this is what I had to choose from, I went with it. Plus, for $10, what have I got to lose? They are not what I would take out on a trail with mud, but other than that, they roll fast and handle well. My daily ride consists of a long trip on pavement (10 miles) to get to dirt and this tire does a good job at rolling quickly enough on the pavement not to piss you off and then grab the earth efficiently enough to keep you riding fast. They handled roots well and the overall ride was very smooth on the 2.3's. I see them selling on Amazon.com for under $12 each and I'd say that's a good bet for someone on a budget that does a combination of pavement and dirt. When mud is in the mix, or if you put your bike on a car to ride, I would choose a better tire.