Continental Traffic Tire

Continental Traffic Tire

The Continental Taffic is a mild tread design for pavement as well as gravel and light trails. Will provide grip and traction under all weather conditions.

[Mar 23, 2016]
Oustabout

Strength:

Noticeably low rolling resistance compared to other combination/compromise tires; grip is very good either wet or dry on asphalt and dirt; does a decent job in mud; super tough all around

Loose over hard, wipes out almost immediately. Heavy on the front if one must often jump curbs.

They are silent on pavement, no noise at all. The grip is great either wet or dry, but only after break-in; they slipped badly for about the first 100 kilometers, but after that they are wonderful both front and rear. Cornering, braking are both excellent. I tried to make them break loose on wet granite and marble steps, but they stuck instead of slipping. They roll so so so easy. They are heavy, and if riding where jumping the front over curbs is a regular part of the ride the weight can become tiresome; otherwise it goes unnoticed as they roll so easily. The one complaint I have about them is performance on a thin layer of silt or sand covering a hard surface; in this situation they are squirrely on the rear, moving about side to side with a mind of their own, and entirely unstable on the front with the potential to wash out with no warning whatsoever. They are strong tires both tread and sidewall, and wear very well.

[Aug 09, 2014]
Crucky

Strength:

Asphalt grip, cornering

easy to install but not easy to seat correctly in rim (this was my first time, maybeit's always that way!)

After reading a few reviews online about some of these tires being out of round, I found my rear tire with a terribly low spot on the initial test run.. and the front with the tread pattern going wildly left to right, back and forth.. but after deflating and coaxing for a bit, they were just fine. Great grip and cornering, quiet, smooth. Picks up small gravel in tread on trails, but no biggey. Huge improvement over stock mtb tires on road. Needed very low tire pressure to have a comfortable ride, I'm over 200 lbs and these tires look and ride firm at half pressure, 30lbs. w slime tubes. Seem narrow for a 2.1, easily fit in my 90s Fuji.

[Dec 13, 2011]
Unknown

Strength:

Strong,strong sidewalls,moderate rolling resistance

Heavy,and not so fast

Its a good tire if u re looking for a cheap one that you can have fun with and be able to know that it wont flat(in comparison with my previus Koyotes it is much more puncture resistant)easily,its the tire for you.
But beare in mind that this tire only works on light trails.I currently have it on the back,and i can feel the difference...its a bit heavy!
Good tire though,good for the price

Kenda Koyote

[Jul 18, 2011]
Adirondacker

Strength:

Narrow profile (26 x 1.9), medium-high pressure tire @ 65 max psi, durable, reliable (no flats on road after 2000 miles), smart looking and fast!

Fast hard angle cornering on blacktop not recommended.

Intended for road and light trail use, I wanted more safety and better cross-functionality than with slicks. I found the pair to be exceptionally durable, reliable and fast. Today, I installed my second pair after 2000 miles on first. No flats! I just put the old pair out at curbside for a neighborhood kid to pick up and enjoy the remaining life left on the tires.
Couldn't be happier - highly recommended.

None.

[May 19, 2011]
Subaru_Nation555

Strength:

Versatile, smooth, tread life, traction, attractive, seem durable

Kinda heavy

I purchased this tire as a jack-of-all-trades for some occasional gravel/light trails as well as commuting. This tire serves both purposes very well. As the name suggests it is more oriented toward pavement but does just fine on the rough stuff. A versatile little tire to say the least.

[Aug 26, 2010]
Scottmandoo

Strength:

Versatility, Robustness, Price, Hard pack traction

Mud and sealed pavement traction, Construction

This is a review for the latest model which is not pictured above. It has a much different tread pattern. They come in 1.9 or 2.1, I have the 2.1's.

I like to ride the roads to my favorite local trails and use my bike to run errands in town, so I needed a tire that would do everything for a good price. I considered many tires including the Holy Roller but wanted something that had a bit more side lug. I'm pleased with the Contis. They roll excellently on anything hard and grip surprisingly well on hardpack, loam, and a little loose-over-hard when leaned over as well as climbing or braking. They're a fairly hard compound so I expect them to last a long time although this obviously gives up max grip, but that's a compromise I'm OK with. Over sharp rocks and gravel they show no signs of abuse at all. Lastly I really couldn't pass up the price, under $20 for each on sale.

I'm not thrilled with construction, the casing looks like it was molded poorly with some malformed lugs and not all of the center tread matches up on each side. So far they are holding up fine though. They also have extremely weak cornering grip on anything wet and especially sealed tarmac which is like ice whether it's wet or dry. The tread will also pack up with mud immediately.

For the price and intended jack-of-all-trades use I think these are a good choice.

WTB Primal Raptor, Maxxis Ridgeline, Maxxis C1040N

[May 11, 2010]
abboberg

Strength:

Very low rolling resistance

Going through sand

I knew they were fast on the road, but I hung these tires up for a couple of years because of my problems going through soft sand - the bike was all over the place! After struggling on the Hutchinson tires doing training rides with my Cat 2 racer son, I ended up going back to these tires. What a difference! I can almost stay with him now most of the time. Because of the closed center area, these tires roll on hardpack trails about as fast as they roll on asphalt - which is very fast indeed! I have learned to adapt to the soft sand by letting the bike drift sideways and not fighting it. Surprising, these tires carve as well in the corners as my opened-tread Hutchinsons. If I raced, these are the tires I would use!

Hutchinson Toro, Specialized

[Jun 11, 2009]
chadd

Strength:

fast, tready, looks great

none, buy the 2.1 instead of 1.9, diesel is better!

I was looking for a hybrid tire. I run a lot of free ride both street and trail. This thing is great, when I put them on I could feel the tire roll faster on blacktop and they grip awesome on hardpack and not even so bad on loose. I took them out in the mud today for the first time and they broke loose a little, but I still made all my climbs, and didn't break loose anywhere really. good all around, fast on the road without sacrificing traction on the trail. not to mention they look badass. all black with Traffic in white on the side. If you want a little bit of everything, this is the one for you.

mosquito dirt tire

[Apr 28, 2009]
bigfan

Strength:

Nice smooth roll - perfect for the combination of riding I do to get to trails. Great on paved, fire roads, hard pack single track. Have not yet had in anything wet or sloppy. But that is what the Panracer's are now for - mudding.

heavy and no-folding version available.

A really nice tire for on and off road combo use. For such good on road behavior it is surprisingly good on hard pack anything. I'd like to try to Kenda Small Block 8 as it would drop some weight. But these are great everyday tires that will get me through any basic trails. Versatile, handle great, roll fast. I can live without the beadless with all those great things.

Scott tubeless micro block.

[Apr 11, 2009]
LilShit

Strength:

Lasts retardedly long, and holds up to the local vegetation like a tank to a vs a geo metro.

None it does its job better than intended and for a cheap commuter tire the weight is fine, for those complaining ditch your crappy hybrid and get a real bike.

Good tires; I was a manager at the Westminster perf and believe me I have meet plenty of f-tards like this ones who wrote the crappy review in this post. The tires hold up extreamly well, roll fast, do great on and around Denver trails, they dont hook up to great when wet (but that's a trade off you take with a hard compound)

The person who used wire cutters is a impatient moron I can mount 3ply dh tires on my fr bike by hand with no tools; you need to know how to properly change a tire to do these in a timely fashion- push the bead into the center of the rim then slowly work from one side to the other working the bead over the lip while keeping the rest of the bead in the valley. Don't be a jack ass and post about how you should have let your lbs do the work and not you if you set the bead properly it will be fairly center and round.

To many to list