Continental Mountain King ProTection Tire

Mountain King ProTection

Continental Mountain King Tire. The tread blocks are of an intermediate design, distributed and shaped to deal with anything from soft loamy soil up to hardpack.

Shredmonkey   Weekend Warrior [May 03, 2013]
Strength:

Durable sidewalls, grippy yet rolls smooth, price isn't bad, and hooks up easy for a tubeless set up.

None yet.

Great performing tire so far. I've had these tires for about four months now and I'm finally now just getting out to ride them on some serious trails. So far they've been nothing but impressive. This is my first tubeless set up and I'm really enjoying it, I was on some igniters before this and I never really realized how heavy they were until I mounted these. I don't know if it's because of the thicker sidewalls but I am able to run a very low air pressure(<20psi) And I have yet to experience any burping or air leakage in general. The width of the tire seems pretty good but then again I do run a wider rim than most. All in all very happy with the purchase I just hope they're built to last a while.

Similar Products Used: Kenda Nevegals
falconman50   [Dec 22, 2012]
Strength:

ROLLS for a all mountain tire....grip is excellent and the whole tire is surprising for its size

This tire is not very wide if that is what your looking for...

So..I have been searching for a tire that can do all mountain tasks and yet roll....I have been on the Hans Damph which is incredible but its like pushing a plow horse up a hill....same with Nevegal...This tire so far blows my mind...it is snappy and stiff and grips really well...NO its not a high volume tire like those mentioned above but its worked really well for me so far...

archie_bunker   [Nov 25, 2012]
Strength:

Good straight line grip, light, seal relatively easily, light.

VERY narrow for a 2.2 (in 29"), low volume, tread has separated from carcass on both tires within 3 weeks of purchase.

Not sure if this was a bad run of this tire, but both of the tires I purchased have shown tread separation at the carcass. The 2.2 is much too narrow - closer to a 1.9 - and the overall volume of the tire is much too low for my taste. Tire roll-over on the front is unpredictable when cornering hard.