Bontrager XR0 Tire

Bontrager XR0 Tire

• Light weight, race only
  • High thread count casing for suppleness and strength

[Feb 20, 2013]
RobbyO
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Fast rolling and unbelievable traction (on hard-pack) for such a low profile tire.

Wash out in loose over hard-pack. Not for really gnarly trails.

These tires exceeding my expectations as far as grip is concerned. I knew they would be fast rolling but I was not expecting them to hold up so well in corners. After a few test rides through the woods (XR0 front, Psycho Genius rear) I just kept pushing it, faster and faster, waiting for the XR0 to wash out, which it never did, unless I took it to the point where even my prior Maxxis Ignitor knobby tires would fail. I could not believe how confidence inspiring these tires were even when railing corners (and not the kind with berms mind you). I liked the XR0 so much I bought one for the rear and again tested it (expecting my rear tire to wash out at during hard cornering). Nope. I was simply faster than before and just as confident. Sure you can take them beyond their limits. And loose stuff really messes with these boys. But if you are navigating fast, hard packed single or double track then I think these give Furious Fred or similar tires a huge run for their money. Oh, and they are very lightweight to boot. Tested with Maxxis Ultralight tubes.

Maxxis Ranchero UST, Maxxis Ignitor UST, Tioga Psycho Genius, IRC Mythos SC II, Panaracer Fire XC

[May 19, 2012]
Gregg

Strength:

They are light and grip well in corners.

Way too vulnerable. They have to be ridden at higher pressure because the sidewalls are so weak .

I have ridden about 500 miles on these tires and have had an unusual number of flats that Stan's won't seal. I am going to put some tubes in and put these on my back up bike and go back to Kenda Kozmik Lite II. They grip better, roll faster and once sealed, stay sealed.

[Jul 05, 2011]
muddy guy

Strength:

Light, seals well with Stan's, Great grip climbing, fast on hard pack, cross country favorite

Light equates to thin walls,

Run them tubeless with Stan's for cross country speed. They dig in on climbs and bite well on descends at 30 psi. Very happy with performance and value. Good in sand or dirt.

Maxxis Cross Mark

[Jan 26, 2011]
beckejac

Strength:

Low rolling resistance, good cornering, traction

cost

During the summer when I was working at the shop I was scrolling through the new tires and saw the XR0 and thought it would be a good tire so I ordered some and used them at the Subaru Cup Pro XTC. They performed amazing. In the tight rocky single track they were very responsive inbetween big rocks with a little mud. Climbed better then my fuious fred and XR1 with no tires spinning out on me when I got tired and had to stand to get up the last of the climbs. Decents they worked flawlessly, I could really push myself to the point where I would get scared on the downhill switchback. The best part about it was the decreased rolling resistance. Super fast!!!!! Cannot wait to open them up when the snow melts!!!

4 chilis for price
5 for overall, this is the tire you need for XC racing.(no wonder Subaru-Trek uses them!)

Bontrager XR1, Jones XR, Vredestein Black Panther, Schwalbe Furious Fred, Kenda Small Block