Bontrager Select Invert Kevlar Tire

Select Invert Kevlar

• Inverted tread for great traction and a smooth ride
  • Connected center tread minimizes rolling resistance
  • Kevlar belt for extreme puncture resistance
  • Tread design not front or rear specific
  • 66 tpi casing

• User Reviews (6)

frank walter   Weekend Warrior [Apr 21, 2012]
    Strength:

that bontrager tire is the best tire i ever had.
    i got 3000 miles on that tire. i hace a bike with a motor on it.
    i need to find 4 moor of thoes tires.my email is fjwbb@aol.com let me know where i can get them.thanks.

it is a good tire for me

the bontrager tire is a good one for my use

Similar Products Used: nome
    Swifty   Cross Country Rider [Jun 29, 2008]
    Strength:

I use them on a 29er bike as hybrid tires. They are quiet, long lasting, dependable, fast rolling, light-weight, great traction for any and all commuter conditions. Great on rainy wet roads (dirt or paved), hard pack trails or semi- loose, grass, light off-road conditions.

I've gotten plenty of flat tires on these, all easily fixable with a fix-a-flat kit. Just got my first pinch flat going up a curb, but I was probably going too fast. However for the most part these tires have been great. And of course, not really for off-road conditions. Use MTB tires for off-road trails.

Have used this tire on my bike, as a rear tire, for over 5 years now. I am just now replacing it due to the sidewalls coming apart. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a fast rolling, quiet, multipurpose tire for commuter use. I often ride with "roadies" and keep up fine with them even on the longest rides (60+ miles) on these tires and with my mountain bike 29er frame. I can't say enough about these tires!! They are great!! Just got my first pinch flat last week, but what do you want, they are 5 years old and have more than 3000 miles on them. Brand new I have ridden down tons of stairs without ever getting a pinch flat.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Nimbus EX 700x38c (as front tire). The Nimbus is not grippy enough to use as a rear tire for me.
    Jack   Cross Country Rider [Feb 01, 2002]
    Strength:

Kevlar belts...no flats. Low rolling resistance. 750 miles and still lots of tread left.

None so far.

750 miles of commuting through gutters and all kinds of road trash and NO FLATS. They roll and they stick in corners.

Similar Products Used: Numerous mountain bike tires with road tread.
    bobbyboi   Cross Country Rider [Jan 20, 2003]
    Strength:

Wears well, more flat resistant than non-kevelar version. Handles well in wet/snow

Glass still can find its way thru

Replaced the factory Select Inverts with the Kevlar version on the back wheel. Went 4 months without a flat, then had two within a week. Both, glass shards which cut through. Not "flat proof", but not sure any tire is. I have well over 2500 miles on the tire and it still looks brand new. I ride year round, and while I stay on the road, the roads are wet/snow. Tire handles well in this "stuff"

Rachel   Weekend Warrior [Jan 12, 2005]
    Strength:

Very smooth ride

Sidewalls tear quite easily and a small piece of glass will easily put a hole in the tire you can see daylight through. I get a lot of flats. I had 2 just this morning and I am using tire liners. Then too, I ride 50 to 75 mikes a day so I really put the miles on my tires.

I would have to say they have been pretty decent. I have stuck by them since they came new on my bikeIn two years I have gone through 6 tires. I need new ones now and I think I may have to try something different just because of all the flats I get.

Similar Products Used: none
    William P   Weekend Warrior [Jul 20, 2003]
    Strength:

I feel this tire is better both on road, and off road than other "dual purpose" tires I've used. It's tough, rolls good,and sticks in corners. Better traction on hard pack trails than "slick-with sidewall knobs" tires,especially climbing. Leans into corners better on pavement. Rounded tread profile suitable for wide rims (26x2"size tire)

I've found none for it's intended purpose. Tread can fill up in muddy conditions, that's what knobbys are for.

I've ridden these tires fast over sharp 2-3" rocks on a hardtail,floated them across soft sand,climbed packed dirt embankments(4'-5'). They're quiet and smooth on pavement,the tread wraps well around the sidewall so there is no loss of traction when cornering at speed. I bought them to replace knobbies that didn't suit my purpose, but found myself replacing the Hutchinson Acrobats with them too.A good street tire with some offroad ability.No flats with any of the above tires yet.

Similar Products Used: Hutchinson Acrobat (flat resistant), Bontrager ComfortK (Kevlar belted)