Union Ti Spokes Spoke

Union Ti Spokes Spoke

Union Ti Spokes

[Feb 06, 2009]
Chin

Strength:

LIghtweight. Rust Proof.

few shops carry this deliciously wonderful item

Rock Solid. if it were a watch, it'll be called TIMEX (harharhar). will recommend it for those who use their bikes daily, for riders who care more about their bikes than their car, and for those peeps who simply want the best for their ride.

stainless steel spokes

[Jul 19, 1999]
Bob Greer
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

pretty stong when I ride alot

have not been riding lately

Great spokes, broke a couple but with pretty hard hits.Otherwise the wieght savings and the performance are outstanding not to mention the great looks.

[Mar 11, 2001]
tim gaylord

Strength:

eye candy, smooth ride, doesn't need trueing, light weight without being weak(these are not butted spokes)

like a good dog, I will probably not be able to replace them when they die

These wheel came standard on an M2 sworks as part of the now defunct hot rod kit a few years ago, and when I saw that bike with these whels, I was hooked. I maxed out a credit card to purchase the bike, realized I was overextended the next day and tried to return it. JAX bikes in Irvine told me where to put the bike, so alas, i won't go there ever again. Whatever, it was my impulse, so I take the blame. I eventually sold the bike, but these are once in a lifetime wheels, so I kept them hidden under my bed and sold the bike with my old wheels.

Whatever, they are laced to White industries hubs with alloys nips and specialized rims. I have never had a problem with the wheels. i ride them hard and fast and I am not shy about jumping. They are really smooth, taking the edges off bumps et all. But the tye die looks really really good, the hubs have never been rebuilt, and they have never been trued! They were built by wheelsmith, but still. Four years without trueing, not bad.

I would recommend them to anyone, especially in the xc scene. They offer a wonderful feel, light wheels, and sweet looks. I don't see any weaknesses. They are maybe not as "crisp" ? as a set of ss spokes, but who cares. You can choose the hubs, rim etc, and custom is always nice.

Viva Union

regular wheels

[Nov 14, 1999]
Mark R. Pigott

Strength:

much lighter than steel

Compared to steel, these spokes rock!
Since I run a hardtail with ZERO Suspension,
I have found that Ti spokes on the back, paired with a Titanium seatpost, and Selle San Marcos
Integra Saddle, really take the bumps out.
The intrinsic value of titanium is definitely
worth the steep price...but does beauty have
a price tag????!!!

[Oct 21, 1998]
King Krank
weekend warrior

These spokes are no better than a steaming pile of CRAP. They all broke on the first pedal stroke.CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAPThese spokes are no better than a steaming pile of CRAP. They all broke on the first pedal stroke.CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

[Sep 16, 1998]
Chris
cross-country rider

I have had a rear wheel built up with these spokes for three years now. I have gone through two rims that have had been wrecked from hitting things too hard, but the wheel has never gone out of true. Toritse shell cracks in asphalt pavement dissappeared after I switched to these spokes. Light, comfortable, and bombproof.

[Aug 30, 1998]
ed
cross-country rider

I have hade a set of wheels with these spokes on them for about a year now, and I bought them used about a year . I ride in very technical rock terrane they have not failed me yet . I ajust them once in a while and they work perfect.

[Mar 04, 2005]
Dennis

Strength:

light weight, good looks, smooth ride, barely ever need to be trued

can U say expensive and do they come in black?

I have riden these wheels for 7 years myself, hundreds, if not thousands of miles. A buddy owned them for 2 years prior. This set of wheels is over 9 years old and been trued...wait for it... TWICE (and both times only a MINOR trueing was necessary). That's with a combination of XC, small drops, jumps, crashes, commuting and everything in between. I weigh 170lbs and the previous owner was 180 lbs. So these spokes have been EXTREMELY durable. Awesome ride too, noticeably more comfortable than straight gauge spokes when ridden back to back. I can't be happier with this wheelset.

every other spoke out there

[Feb 24, 2005]
Bill

Strength:

BOMBPROOF!! And I am a phatass too! I have beat the living dogs#$t out of these rims, and can't kill them. Got them on a Kona hardtail that was spec'ed out with full XTR, the wheels are Sun 0% Lites, and White Industries hubs. Got the whole bike at a pawn shop for $500. Took all the good stuff off of the bike and used it on my Y bike i was building. I like the wheels so much that I am having another set built up.

Expensive, but worth it.

If you can spring for a good set of wheels, do it. They make sll the difference in the world.

[Dec 21, 1998]
Capn Dupa
cross-country rider

All I have to say is anybody that breaks a wheel full of these spokes on the first pedal stroke is either a complete fat a** or a liar. I broke a few spokes in my day but not these beauties. they are light as a feather and the tie-dye ones look terrific. Oh, and um, it helps if their installed by a competant wheel builder. Five smokin' chilies.