DT Swiss DT Competition Spoke

DT Swiss DT Competition Spoke

DT Swiss Competition 14/15 Gauge Black

[Jun 20, 2011]
RandyBoy

Strength:

double butted, 14,15,14 gauge 291 and 292mm lengths for 29er wheels I built myself on dt swiss 2040s hubs. Tensioned up nicely without twisting up.

pre stress them for wind up, and finish the build off with a tensiometer, and you should have a solid build that withstands everything except gross abuse or acts of Darwinism.

DT Swiss Champions, Sapim Race

[Aug 10, 2010]
zepp3lin

The only weaknesses in spokes depends on the batch the machine can produce. At a press of the button thousands are produce so if your in luck you will get the best batch that came out.
Another culprit is the wheelbuilder, if your not professional or a certified wheelbuilder and can't build the wheel with a proper machine than it's another weakness in spoke failure or hubs get broken.

The best so far, get a certified wheelbuilder and you will see the result.

wheelsmith

[Jul 19, 2009]
Joe Nation

Strength:

Great value, does the job with no fuss.

Not the lightest.

Awesome spoke for general use. Not too pricey, not too heavy, tough enough for my 17 stone frame (good wheel builder notwithstanding). If you want the lightest spokes, or the strongest, these aren't for you. If you're most people, they are.

[Dec 26, 2008]
daredevilcsl

Strength:

- Strong
- Cheap
- Value for money

- Not much of color variety (only black or silver)

Simply good and strong spokes for even DH setup. Value for the money you spend as well.

- Normal alloy spokes

[Jan 17, 2004]
Kevin

These butted gems are not only light weight they are very cheap at the place I ordered them at plus they custom cut them to the exact length I needed. 35 cents for a DT spoke is an absolute bargain. Makes me want to buy a bunch just to make spoke jewelry out of! ICYCLES Rocks!

[Mar 20, 2007]
Eric W.

Strength:

Last for years, even when used on wheels subjected to tremendous vibration and impacts.( Mojave desert riding ).

None that I can find.

I've used these on several bikes and several wheelsets, and they last untill the rest of the wheel is worn out and pounded into submision.
Even with uneven tension in the wheels do to "tacoing" the 14 gauge DT spokes will last for years of riding before they begin to fail.

I would give them 100 flaming chilis if I could.

Wheelsmith. They are good, but still second to DT.

[Oct 06, 2000]
Patrik Westerlund

Strength:

Reliable, true weight, well built

None, really

The best compromise. DT Rev are too soft (see sep. review), and the DT 2,0 are heavier but holds up no better than these. I have built 8 wheels during 4 years, and these are the best so far, currently using black ones with alu nipples. My wheels weigh 750/900 and no trueing yet this season.... What's next years colour...;-)

DT 2,0, DT Rev, Wheelsmith

[Oct 03, 2000]
gavin

Strength:

I break a spoke every ride, and it is imposible to keep them in true

I am a big guy (95kg), but not to big, and I'm old (40's) and I ride as hard as I can but I'm not 25 any more so I don't kill my bikes anymore. These things are hell, the bike is awesome, but I had to carry spare spokes everywhere I travelled. I've re-built the back wheel with DT 2.0 and will see how we go. Bottom line is if you are over 85kgs get your wheels built with "sensible" hardware. If I could give no rating I would.

until now I've never even thought about spokes, I've never had trouble

[Jul 23, 2000]
Scott

Strength:

High quality
great durability

I have used these in a variety of wheels over the past 10 years, they are alway acurately measured, butts are cosistant and smoothe and wheelbuilding with them is a breeze. On the trail they do exactly what they are supposed to and after the big hit the wheel is still easy to adjust and true. There is no question that this is a highly recommended product.

wheelsmith (also a good product)

[Mar 23, 1999]
pete cafarella

Strength:

the stealth black dt revolution spokes on my king/517cd rim have held up perfectly. THey stay true and the sopkes fit the nipples like a condom.

the black paint may get scrached, but if your worried about scratches then your in the wrong sport.

i love these spokes.

wheelsmith makes excilent spokes also.