WTB Quick Release Skewers Skewer

Quick Release Skewers

Wilderness Trail Bikes is a name synonymous with quality and performance in the Mountain Bike world. WTB's Stainless skewer set exemplifies this quality by combining aircraft-quality aluminum, laser engraved cam levers with the highest quality steel

David   Weekend Warrior [Dec 10, 2003]
Strength:

Good looking. The long lever allows for more leverage to open and close.

Not strong enough. I bent mine in about 6 months.

The product could be a little bit stronger but it is ok. WTB customer service is really good. I called them got the RA# and sent it back and had a new skewer in about a week and a half. So the reveiw is in the middle.

Bottom Line:
OK product with great customer service

Similar Products Used: Shimano skewers
OVERALL
Gary Edmunds   Cross Country Rider [Nov 08, 2005]
Strength:

Works well, flips on, flips off.

None that I've seen, does it's job.

I'm not sure what folks are doing to their skewers, but I've never had an issue when one of them's snapped on me. These came stock on a used Marin I bought from an employee at WTB. The frame moved on, but I kept the Speeddisc wheels to use as beater wheels, and they've done the job without a problem. If I had to pay the $40 that someone said they retailed for, I might be a little irked, but if you see a bike that comes with these, I wouldn't write it off, or budget for replacements!