Ringlé Twisters Skewer

Ringlé Twisters Skewer

Ringle Twisters

[Jan 02, 2002]
Dan

Strength:

These are super light, seem very strong and just look cool.

havent found one yet

These skewers are great, user friendly and dont have any plastic bits like shimanos. The price may be a little to high to some people but they came with my bike so I dont care what they cost. As for flex dont buy a cross country part if you are not a cross country rider.

shimano xt, but they were terribe

[Nov 13, 2003]
Pedro

Strength:

Looks cool

I had to pay for them.

Everyone just be honest - we all bought these because they look cool. If you try to convince anyone that you bought them for some kind of "performance" or "weight savings" benefit, you're just lying to yourself because you feel stupid for spending money for something that does nothing but look cool. Don't feel bad for that! It's ok to spend money for stuff like that sometimes. They are COOL - just admit it. All this talk about "flex" and technical mumbo jumbo is a waste of time when you're talking about skewers! Come on people! We're talking about colored skewers! We all bought them because they look cool! I admit it, why can't you?! With all the other high tech crap we spent money on, it's OK to spend money to make our bike look cool as well.

XTR, Ritchey Logic, Suntour

[Sep 26, 1998]
Jason
cross-country rider

Sounds like most of those reviewing didn't even own these skewers. I do and have ridden them three years. Super operation until a month ago. The brass bushing on my front finally wore out and its very hard to unwind the skewer once its set up to ride. I'm sure ringle will send me a new bushing, then its more trail mayhem for me and the KHS once again.

[Apr 17, 1996]
Jerm
cross-country rider

This is the best!!!! No doubt 'bout itz performance, the flex that everyones scared of is juzt a balony. Buy it to save a lot of weight.

[Apr 20, 1996]
disinfectant
cross-country rider

This is writen in referance to the previous review on the ringle twisters. this is the best.....the flex everyone is scared about is just balony Well you obviously don't ride hard enough to find that the skewers flex terribly. Besides the skewers being light and all that stuff they really hinder your performance. After i changed them back to shimano skewers i found that my performance greatly improved. They are nothing compared to Shimanos skewers.

[Jun 03, 1996]
Phil R.
weekend warrior

If a PhD. student in psychology were to write a term paper on narcicism, examining why someone would pay serious bucks for a couple little pieces of metal would make a good topic. In which case I'll volunteer to be the guinea pig. To celebrate picking up a new client the other day, I bought both the hub and seat skewers. Do they make me ride better? No. Do they make a noticeable difference in weight? No. So, why are these great? Because they make you feel good. Any rider who thinks a part as simple as a skewer is going to affect their performance is a paranoid

[Dec 28, 1996]
Barrett Phillips
racer

I love my Ringe twister because I can put my seat down when
I am racing . They are so light and the hardware they come
with are so sweet , some day I hope to have my new Joshua
(Gary fisher) full of Ringle hardware because there is
nothing better than Ringle !!!

[Dec 29, 1996]
Chris
weekend warrior

Disinfectant Dude from Colorado is full of shit...! I know I know, save the slaggin' for the newsgroups. But get off it LOSER, a skewer is NOT going to make you ride better, or worse for that matter.(Dipshit!) And if you can tell, well then you are worse than the fags at MBA! I used the Twisters on a buddies bike, and they were super user friendly, felt nice, and made sense. No cheap hardware here. Surely the best Ringle product.

[Dec 21, 2000]
Matt

Strength:

looks

Don't stay on tight

I am so not happy with these twist skewers. They take longer to tighten, and then don't stay tight. It's the only skewer I've ever had come loose on me while riding. I was commuting to school, starting up from a dead stop at a light, when all of a sudden my rear wheel popped out of the dropout! Luckily I was able to save myself before I fell over. They don't have any ridges where they clamp to the dropout, so they're more likely to come loose. Twist skewers are a terrible idea.

Salsa chromo, Shimano STX, Bontrager Race, and Deore XT skewers

[Apr 07, 2000]
Ben Wrightsman

Strength:

Light, Nice lever for tighting, good looks

a bit pricey

Excellent skewer, light, esy to operate even with gloves, or when muddy. ***If you are worried about "FLEX", go buy a steel-horse Huffy**** Sun-Ringle has put out some very good components (ie rims, hubs, headsets) They did it again with these skewers! Keep up the good work!!

xt skewwers, salsa :(