Hope Skewers Skewer

When strength and lightweight matter, the Hope Stainless skewers are the quick release skewers of choice.

Allrotor13b   All Mountain Rider [Mar 24, 2012]
Strength:

So, so pretty.

So pretty i want to look at them more.
It would be nice if Hope's gold ano matched Shimano's (Saint) gold ano. The Shimano gold is much more like real gold than Hope's somewhat bronze gold. It does match e*13's gold ano, though, so whatever.

Oh, man, these are trick. i did NOT get these (exclusively) for the bling; i had the wheels built and figured "Hope hubs, Hope skewers," and there were enough red accents to make red seem a pleasing choice. PERFECT match to the little eye-catching spots of red here and there. These look so cool.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager, Mavic
panzer07   Weekend Warrior [Jun 30, 2008]
Strength:

These are not only the nicest looking but also the best funtioning skewer I have ever tried. They look trick !!!

More colors please! - Mango orange.

Great product, just lube with a drop of chain oil ocaisionally and you will be impressed as I was. I like them even more than the excellent Salsas.

Similar Products Used: Salsa, Dura Ace, XTR, Control Tec and cheesy Specialized.
Jim   Weekend Warrior [Apr 09, 2006]
Strength:

Pimpy looks, colours

Don't work. Always move. Need constant regreasing.

I find it astonishing these qr's get such good reviews. I have similar sentiments to previous poster. I'm so sick of these things. They have a fundamental flaw in design, they can't handle uk crap, the brass seat wears too easily. This is poor from a uk company. I've had a pair on two bikes and now they have all finally given up the ghost, the last one fell apart yesterday.
Shimano skewers on the otherhand just work and that's what I want from my bike.
Buy if you wan't nice mantlepiece objet dar't.
Hope make great brakes but thats about it.

Similar Products Used: Shimano,salsa
John Young   Weekend Warrior [Mar 05, 2006]
Strength:

Look nice, not as nice as a Salsa.

Metal to Metal interface poor design idea, required re-greasing in Scotland all the time (on both wheel and seat collar), I have a Rock Mountain seat collar which is amazing, Hope is junk compared. Yes they look nice and match Hope hubs, which are also poor compared to CK, Hadley.

Good for their price, and look nice, a lot of people use in the UK, and lots have issues due to materials used and climate. Not the best, but OK for price! If I did not use Hope hubs and brakes on my RM then I would not use these skewers.

Similar Products Used: Deore, XT, Salsa etc.
Psycho Mike   Cross Country Rider [Mar 31, 2007]
Strength:

Review of both wheel skewers and seatpost clamp. Big bling factor, all metal construction, easy to lock down properly, easy to grip (even with gloves on), easy to adjust.

Can be pricey...need to shop around

Getting Hope stuff in Canada can be expensive....but then again, what isn't? Shop around for a good price and they get full marks for value.

Alberta mud is nasty...shades of UK mud. I ride a lot too, so I didn't trust the *plastic* pieces on the stock Bontrager skewers. Looked at Salsa, but they are waaay to expensive locally. Hope (provided you don't try to grease them) have a good, solid reputation of doing well in the slop, so I thought I'd give them a try. The Skewers were easy drop in, easy to adjust and locked in securely.

Seatpost clamp was a joy too. My stock Bonty needed an allen key to adjust...not so with the Hopes.

In both cases, the product works well, is easy to adjust, holds securely and adds a little bling while doing so.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager OEM, Shimano Deore
Fred Sled   Weekend Warrior [Oct 02, 2005]
Strength:

Color is tight! The blue matches the adjusters on Fox Forx, the action and build quality is second to none.

There is none, it's a skewer and you'd pay at least half the price for some no name junk.

If you like nice parts that are built excellent, this is for you. Truely a work of art in in materials, fit and function. Hope sells a matching seat QR that is equal in quility to these skewers.

Similar Products Used: Shimano, Salsa, Supergo no names...
Graham Mattingly   Weekend Warrior [Mar 09, 2004]
Strength:

Clearly superior construction versus everything else out there. The brass bushing is a strong argument, as are the toothed steel rings on the end nuts. Combined with the ridges on the lever side, this QR really bites into the frame. It's not going anywhere. So much better than Salsa at the same price. I thought the lever would be much less ergonomic than it is from looking at it, I was pleasantly surprised.

People are gripping about price, but these are competitively priced with other products of inferior quality.

Best QR on the market. I and the other employees at my shop ride them and wholeheartedly recommend them to our high end customers. If you're building up a new custom bike, you are doing yourself a disservice by using any other QR.

Similar Products Used: Shimano XT, XTR (held just as well but not as sexy), salsa, mavic
crappy   [Jan 24, 2008]
Strength:

look pretty

they don't do their only job: hold the wheel on!

piss poor skewer...in fact i've never had to think about a skewer until i bought this product. i wanted to up the bling on my bike, get some sweet gold skewers. every ride, all throughout the ride the front skewer comes loose. this is super dangerous! what's the point of how cool something is if it can't do it's only job? i've read it's the cam design, and u need to grease it. great, add a stupid maintenance task to my everyday ride that i didn't need to do with my stock crappy shimano skewers. if you do any sort of aggressive riding, these will come loose. maybe if u tighten them to the point of insanity then they wont, but never had to do that with the shimanos. the price of bling is not worth it.

Similar Products Used: stock shimano skewers
KBA   Cross Country Rider [Jan 06, 2006]
Strength:

Smooooooth! Pretty! I like!

Doesn't match color of my eyes (boohoo)

This is a follow up to my review of the Hope wheel skewers, this time we're talking about the seat collar quick release. The skewers are soooooo pretty, but I can't see them when I'm riding which makes me sad. So I got the Hope quick release for my seat!

Now when I'm riding I can just look down between my legs and see my shiny new Hope with the bulbous knob on the end! And when I stop I can flip it back, and forth, and back, and forth, and back, and forth - ahhh that feels good!

More chilis for Hope! And a Fat Tire Ale to wash em down!

Similar Products Used: Brand Generic Seat Collar Quick Release, with built in grit and M.A.D. Function (Midtrail Auto Disengage)
Davie   Weekend Warrior [Jan 10, 2006]
Strength:

Look the dogs bollocks and super strong. Very easy to get required strength

Well worth the purchase price and well made