Delta Axlerodz Skewer

Delta Axlerodz Skewer

• Neat bolt-on skewers for quick-release hubs
  • Extra security - prevents wheel theft
  • 5mm allen key bolt
  • Cromoly axle, stainless steel springs
  • Lightweight - weighs 69 grams/pair
  • Max Torque - 7nm
  • Frame Dropout Outside Dimensions

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 05, 2011]
    bikemessenger1

Strength:

Makes your wheels very hard to steal

Made from the cheapest materials possible. I liked having them for a year but they just always feel like I'm about to strip them when I tighten up. Also, just the other day I was taking my front wheel off to re-pack the hub and the triangular piece which the wrench fits into snapped clean off- very weak forge work!

This product is cheap, not worth the price. You're better off getting a well-made set of Allan-key skewer.

[Mar 14, 2009]
    Saxon9598

Strength:

Makes it a little bit harder to steel your wheels, no hook to catch on branches, you need an Allen key to take wheels off

cheap build weak threads in the nut

stay away from these pieces of junk, if you just think about getting the bolts tighter than a light snug, the treads will strip.

[Aug 27, 2007]
    M Eder

Strength:

Harder to steal than a Quick release, it's cheap

The skewer rod is made out o cheap metal, so the threads strip very easily. It's cheaply made

This product is an excellent idea, it simplifies bike lock up. Delta however, executed it with the cheapest materials possible. I stripped the rear axle as I was first installing it. It was just beginning to tighten up, so I know I didn't over tighten it. The front one held up a little better. I was able to change flats at least twice before it's threads gave up. I'm gonna give PinHead locking skewers a try instead.