WTB Speed Disc XC Rim

WTB Speed Disc XC Rim

The SpeedDisc XC offers race worthy weight (450 grams), and excellent strength characteristics. The disc-brake-only SpeedDisc XC features WTB’s proprietary Safety Seal and eyelets, but lacks the I-Beam and Unbendium Bulge of the LaserDisc series.

32 Hole

[May 20, 2009]
Uberbiker

Strength:

Still true after more than 1000km of riding

I don't trash my bike and i'm only 165lb. Usually take the bike thru the city and trails going off curbs, rocks and speeding thru some dangerous sections of the singletrack. Occasionally landed sideways on the rim but it's still true and holding up to abuse.

For general riding, I don't think you can get much better than these. They are only 450grams (mavic's top of line xc is like 410?) Thats only 40 grams difference and is negligable!

i would recommend this rim to anyone out there without hesitation. My wheels were built at the rocky mountain factory and signed by the builder for quality so i'm sure the wheel is only as good as the person who builds it.

For others who bust their rims after the first ride, learn how to ride before u go out.

mavic

OVERALL
[Dec 22, 2008]
sinac84

Strength:

Very strong for an XC rim. Holds tension very well. Didn't need truing for the time I rode them and I weigh about 212lbs

Weight

I would have kept these rims on my bike if they didn't weigh so much. I'm upgrading to a lighter Velocity VXC rim. But for the month or so that i rode these they were very good. Never needed a true and I took them off like 2-3 foot drops. I weigh about 212lbs too. I don't usually do drops but i wanted to test them. I'm confident that the VXCs will hold up to my weight too. After talking to the wheel builder at my LBS I can shave like almost 3lbs or rotational weight off my bike by going with the VXCs and going tubeless. Trying to get my bike down to about 26lbs. I plan on keeping those rims and possiably building up a spare rear rim with the old gear.

OVERALL