WTB LaserDisc Trail 29er Rim

WTB LaserDisc Trail 29er Rim

The 570-gram LaserDiscTrail 29 is a racecourse-light rimThat can still easily handleaggressiveTrail riding andThe wider profile (27-millimeter width) is anideal matchTo largerTires. 605 ERD Unbendium bulge I-Beam Weight: 570 g

[Feb 20, 2014]
mhelander

Strength:

Cheap and stiff for its price, easy wheelbuild, exceptionally good tubeless rim

None so far, applying Stans tubeless rim tape was little more laborious than some other rims

Bought this rim together with LaserDisc XC for my homebuilt fully suspended recumbent, was likely cheapest available for my 32h rear hub. I was totally amazed how good quality rim this was and building wheel was breeze.

Later bought DT-Swiss XM-490 rim and WTB LaserDisc hubs to replace these rims but when going tubeless these just didn't work with my required low pressures. So turned back to put my Furious Fred 50-622 tire to this rim with great results.

Eventually bought another WTB LaserDisc Lite hub pair and rebuilt this rim and XC using 2.0/1.5 3-cross spokes. That is my racing setup and it's working flawlessly.

Going tubeless was exceptional experience. Applying Stans tape was little laborious because of deep center groove but when done this rim together with Mavic tubeless valve was immediately fully airtight and rim has required groove to keep flimpsy Furious Fred tire beaded in all my punishment. And WTB didn't suggest these to be used in tubeless setups...

What more to say, my next rims will also very likely be WTB's later generation rims, no DT-Swiss rims anymore.

DT-Swiss XM-490

[May 13, 2011]
ryguy135

Strength:

Durable, easily made ghetto tubeless

Weight

Good rims, do the job. Got them in a build kit, hope to upgrade soon. Nothing stupendous and if I had my choice wouldn't have gotten them. Hope to get a Stans Crest wheelset soon.

[Aug 10, 2008]
jbenson

Strength:

I currently work as a shop mechanic and these are the best rims I've ever used. They are very lightweight, rigid, stylish, and seem to be pretty much bulletproof.

none!!!

These sweet rims came stock on my bike. On my first ride I got a little carried away on a technical downhill section and crashed hard twice... after the second crash I was expecting to see a taco'd/bent rim. Imagine my surprise to see that they were both perfectly true!!! I haven't had any problems yet, but if/when I do they seem to be reasonably maintainable.
As a rider and mechanic I would highly recommend these rims to anybody and would imagine that the 26" version is just as good as the 29ers.

WTB Speed Disc 29er(spelling?)Other no-name brands.