WTB LaserDisc DH Rim

WTB LaserDisc DH Rim

• Downhill racing and freeride rim
  • Features wide 36mm Disc specific profile, Speed Lock, and double eyelets
  • 32 hole and 36 hole, black, welded

• USER REVIEWS

[May 29, 2003]
    Andy

Strength:

Held up to urban abuse very well. Used for a year, still as good as new.

I kinked this rim an hour after the Bullit I purchased was put together. Absolutely impossible to change the tires. Every attempt at changing required new rim tape and chewed up tire beads.

I probably would've enjoyed these better if I was a racer. The way the tires refuse to break free from the rim has probably saved someones life somewhere, but was a b*tch to deal with when you change your tires often. I wouldn't recommend this rim for light riders, city-folk, or anyone without a pair of metal tire levers. Great, strong product...but not versatile for everyone's needs.

Atomic Aircorps

[Jan 16, 2002]
    allcapsguy

Strength:

The rim is very stuff yet forgiving. Coupled with WTB DH tires it is nearly impossible to get a flat tire-and that is using lightweight tubes. My wheels have lasted me two years of intensive DH racing...that is more than I can say for other brands. It is nice to know that I won't get a flat tire when racing.

Lightweight too...my DH race bike weights 39 pounds. I see all these other dudes with what they think are "beefy" rims getting flats...you don't need a heavy rims you foolios!

None yet.

Get this rim if you want a heavy duty rim without the associated weight headaches and flat tires that come with lesser products.

WTB tires and seats.

[Sep 27, 2003]
    John Podlipnik
    Downhiller

Strength:

*Looks nice
    *worked well when it did

*not strong enough

Yea I hit a drop in folsom (one next to the bridge) and cracked this rim in 2 places and riped out 6 spokes. I had checked the spokes that day, and also I landed it perfect (back tire just a bit before front) and smooth but the rim decided to give and pushed the tire up into the fork and I went over the bars onto cement (shafted). I woouldn't trust this rim if ur into hucking.

24" atom lab trail pimp....(beast)

[Feb 24, 2004]
    Uthman Ray IV

None.

The best downhill race rim on the market. After installing these rims on my bike, there was a drastic decrease in the number of flats I got. The speed lock prevents the tire of rolling off the rim, and seems to seal the rim/tire combination so that even if the tube has been punctured, there is negligible loss in tire pressure, and a race run can be completed.

Mavic 321 & 521, Sun Double Wide,

[Dec 22, 2001]
    Dan

Strength:

super stiff,wide(36mm), strong.light for being DH rims, They make my tires seem bigger.

product quality control sucks.

These are great rims if they dont sand the welded seam too much.I got two of these and one had a cracked seam because they sanded it too much so I sent it back to get another one.However the one that was good got laced up to my XT disc hub and it kicks ass.Buy them and just check the seam for cracks.One less flammin turd for cracked seam.

mavic x138 on 8sp lx hubs

[Dec 20, 2004]
    Mark Giannasi
    Downhiller

Strength:

Strong, reliable, and predictable.

After 2 years of hard downhill racing, front rim is comming apart at the weld. Not bad though for two years of use.

Held up for two years and were awsome. After bails and falls and drops, these rims were still there in their original form. Would definatly buy them again.

Sun ringle rhyno light.

[Aug 29, 2004]
    Josh
    Downhiller

Strength:

Strong, sturdy, looks good, it's quality.

Maybe a little heavy, but that's what you get for a strong dh rim.. doesn't bother me though.

Good strong rim, I was using a mavic for awhile and it just doesn't compare. I've done a couple 6' to flat on my hardtail with some low air pressure and it didn't bend a bit. I'd buy this rim again, without a doubt.

[Mar 03, 2003]
    steve

its a good strong rim but it is next to imposible to change the tires

[Apr 25, 2005]
    Jake May
    Downhiller

Strength:

fair price, at around 80-$90 retail, great qualtiy materials, strong as hell with the I-beam running down the center.

take it from me, a bike mechanic for about the last seven years, this is one strong rim. keep your wheels true and tensioned and they will last for multiple seasons.

mavic,sun, ext.