WTB FX 28 Rim

FX 28

The FX28 features WTB’s legendary rim crafting quality at a fraction of the price. This 615-gram rim utilizes a 28-millimeter wide profile and incorporates a CNC’d braking surface and wear indicator.

32 Holes

gmarchie12   Racer [Oct 19, 2009]
Strength:

Pretty Strong and considered as a free-ride wheel

Not exactly light

Currently using this wheelset on a very basic throw around bike. This wheel performs pretty well considering that i got it for less than a $100 bucks. It was very cheap and i have taken pretty high and solid jumps. Only thing about it is that it is in the heavier end in comparison with all-mountain category wheels. Wheelset seemed to have been machine assembled and is slightly out of true after a month's use. Although i would blame the out of true to the fact that i had never trued it even after the "break in" period. When i get around to truing it, i am pretty sure it would be solid. And oh, by the way, i have crashed with this wheel for like--uhm--50 times---and they still seem very usable (only slightly out of true).

mntgoat   Cross Country Rider [Oct 11, 2009]
Strength:

Strong wheelset with low lateral flex, 32h dt swiss spokes, xt hubs, brass nipples, rim or disc brake, low cost.

Weight - (1100gfront/1200grear), but then they are DH/FR specific wheels.

Great build, no need for spoke adj. yet. I use these mostly for singletrack riding. The wheels climb and descend with more speed and confidence, and allow me to use my brakes more aggressively and less often. I aim for about 33 psi f&r (tube), and on a hard hit has bent my previous wheels. So far I can get through fairly rough terrain - rocks, fallen tree branches, streams, and drop-off's (+/- 2') without the usual wheel flex. I'm tall and weigh in @ 200 lbs, so these wheels are great for me even though I am not a free rider.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager: race lite disc, rhythm comp.
KingKrawczyk   Weekend Warrior [Feb 16, 2009]
Strength:

Light, strong, sturdy, and cheap.

No weaknesses experienced yet.

Great smooth ride. Experienced faster travel with new lighter rims. Stock rims and hubs lag and require more effort. I'm just a weekend warrior that doesn't do any crazy jumps, but I jump curbs and hit roots on trails. The rims are holding up so far and are staying true. Places online are offering these rims around $150-175 for the wheel set. Most offer with the same hubs. I'd say it was a great buy for a weekend warrior.

Similar Products Used: Weinmann Zac 19, but I feel these are better.