Weinmann 8019 Rims Rim

Weinmann 8019 Rims

Ryan   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 06, 1999]
Strength:

Non

I've had paperclips stronger

The bottom line is that when I was done riding the trails for the day on the second rear rim, THEY LOOKED LIKE LIKE THEY HAD BEEN RUN OVER BY A TRACTORTRAILER!!

Similar Products Used: non
OVERALL
Dave   weekend warrior [May 04, 1998]

Watch out for these rims if you're buying a new bike in the low-ish end of the price range. These
rims really suck! They aren't light, and they aren't strong. I bent my front one when I got knocked
sideways off my bike by a kid riding off the pavement, and just the force of pushing me over seems
to have bent them, without them even getting hit directly! And I can't have been going more than
about 15 mph! The rear one never stays true, even after just town riding, and real off road (yes, i've
been crazy enough to do it on a cheap bike cos I can't afford a better one) does not agree with
them. Probably one of the first things I'll change on my bike, and I'll get rid of those terrible Alivio
hubs, too.So if they're on a bike you're thinking about, be assured they're really poor.

OVERALL