Velocity VXC Rim

Velocity VXC Rim

Here's what you've been waiting for - a rim that will fill all of your requirements. A light weight, aerodynamic, eyeleted, disc brake specific, cross country rim that is as strong as it is good looking.

[Nov 13, 2009]
22GILBERT22

Strength:

I weigh 240 lbs. I used them on xcall mountain riding. I set them up with 2.1 nevagals, and try to clean stuff with skills not slamming stuff. They lose their true a little, but I know there not an all mountain wheel for a 240 lb clydsdale. For somebody under 200 lbs xc rider with a little all mountain there great.

None if your an xc rider. Why try and run bigger than 2.35 on this rim. Don't make sense.

I got these cheap over Mavic, and they're about the same quality, so for what I paid for them. I like them. I like having something diffrent than the main stream that works.

Mavic 317

[Feb 20, 2009]
sinac84

Strength:

Strong, Light, Stiff

This rim is amazing, very strong and light. I'm weigh around 220lbs with gear and I've ridden these rims in everything from rocks, roots, 1-2 foot drops on granite rock, and little kickers, ect... and they have not come untrue except after having they were laced up and set in after a couple of rides (which is normal). I never worry about them because i know they can take whatever i dish out. LOVE'EM!!! And they work great with a ghetto tubeless setup.

WTB Speed Discs

[Dec 07, 2008]
mooms

Strength:

Look cool, strong for how minimalist they appear. easy to mount & remove tires.

none taking into account my riding.

I weigh 185ish w/gear. Ride pretty hard (rocky mountains) but don't do 4ft drops, thats what my AM ride is for. Have beaten on these for 2 seasons built with DT DB 14-17 guage spokes & alloy nipples. Front has stayed true no prob. Rear got a bit wacky after a pretty good headplant but retrued pretty well. One slight ding but no flat spot, did pinch flat but thats the only time. Only run 35psi rear, 30 front. Only gripe is the rear creeks when really torquing on a climb. Was told due to alloy nipples. Brass during the build would aleviate the prob.Would also build with a straight guage spoke for a bit stiffer wheel with more reliable tensioning.
Building a new set w/King hubs. Same rim. Would recommend.

mavic, bontrager, easton, azonic (bombproof), sun ringle (taco'd multiple diff rims)

[Apr 08, 2007]
Ryan Miller

Strength:

Looks Good, builds up well with good tension

Weak side wall.

I caved in the sidewall of the rim in 3 spots while riding Porcupine rim. Nothing that kept me from making it to the bottom but air pressure was slowly leaking from my tubless setup. I was a little dissappointed in how quickly I destroyed these rims. Maybe these rims would be good for a smaller rider running high pressure as I am 185lb riding 40 psi on 2.1. The front rim is holding up fine though. Good price maybe not so good quality?

Mavis f219, mavic 321

[Jul 01, 2006]
TJ Zimnavoda

Strength:

weight is 375g each. Comes in any color you can want-I have white walls. Rims are strong, I'll attest to that! These rims have survived as well as any 317, 517 or 321. Aussie made.

No weaknesses that I can find.

Buy them. They have been good and strong for my heavy cc riding! Any rim that works this well, weighs in as light, doesn't dent easily, comes in great colors, and costs at or near 50 bucks after tax is a good choice.

317, 517, 219, 321 for years and years and years.

[Apr 08, 2008]
Haywood Jablowme

Strength:

Super high build quality. Great company. Lots of color choices. Fairly light weight.

Seam in rim is not very seamless. Rim is very unhappy supporting a 26x2.4" at 30psi. Rider weighs 160 and pinches mega-volume tires regularly with the VXCs. Rim sidewalls are short, but not too strong.

a bicycle is only as good as its motor. Nobody cares about how your bike is set up or if you smashed up a rim due to careless riding. The bottom line is this: stop making excuses, just ride.

Oh, and the vxc's are totally worth the $$$. Strong, high-quality rim. To make the rim last longer, consider running tires with a PSI above 40.

These are my first XC specific Disk Rims. Prior to the VXCs I ran Azonic Butcher triple walls. However, these rims are way more aggressive looking than the old Mavic 517 Rim Brake Rims that I used to XC on.

[Mar 25, 2008]
Terry Ash

Strength:

light, durable

These rims are super strong, and light. I weigh 235, and have hammered these rims through Porcupine Rim several times, not to mention all kinds of rocky Wasatch riding. Had them retensioned and trued after 2.5 years!

Sweet rims... sweet build. Contact Mike Garcia at www.oddsandendos.com for a great wheelset.

Mavic 317, Mavic 223, Coda