Sun-Ringle Equalizer 31 Rim

• Section Height: 19.5mm
  • ERD: 540mm
  • Hole Count: 32, 36

N Havacs   [Nov 24, 2013]
Strength:

Not much apart of the price(£30-ish)

nothing but that, The rim on the rear is very weak. 3 sessions after the rear rim started to warp. Having said that, I'm 100 KG, and ain't go easy on the bike.

Good front rim, would not suggest it to heavy rider to the rear. My next choice will be an e.thirteen...

Nozes   Racer [Jul 03, 2011]
Strength:

Durable,great support for wide tires,raceable weight @ 590gr,seems to eliminate pinch flats :)

Can't really fault them,3 years and about 1000km after all they have is a handful of flat spots!

Better than I ever dreamed.Í'm light on equipment these days,and rarely do the big jumps,but I find these rims to be one of the best parts of my bike.Really.They saved me from a bunch os pinch flats,allowing for really low pressures costing me only some flat spots. I've raced the Megavalanche 3 times and about 25 DH races here in Portugal with these and got ZERO flats!
Of course the quility of the rim is bought up by the excelent build from the ChainReactionCycles crew,they are laced to Nuke Proof Generator hubs by DT Rev 2.0/1.8's,total weight 2080gr.
I love these rims!

Similar Products Used: Mavic 321/521/Deemax,Sun Singletrack
Hardrock_Spec   Weekend Warrior [Oct 05, 2009]
Strength:

THIS THING WONT DIE!!! i have cased this rim multiple times without a bend i punish my back rim thats why i got such a Durable back with such a Light and weak front.

There are non that i have seen i dont even see weight as a problem Sick Rim

WORTH IT i have distroyed many rims in my day and its not worth it to have a crappy on and keep replacing just get the good stuff and it will last still havent had a problem at all

Similar Products Used: I dont know i just ride bikes
Andre C   Weekend Warrior [Mar 20, 2009]
Strength:

Good rim at a decent price welded joint

not as straight and true as mavic before lacing them up, little heavier than claimed

Good rim looks good in white, and I think it is lame that the guy above gave them a crappy rating, because dude it sounds like whoever or whatever machine built your wheel did a crap job. This rating is for the rim not the wheel build, blame kona for that.

Similar Products Used: too many to list
BeanerSal   Weekend Warrior [Mar 04, 2009]
Strength:

Light, good memory.

Weakish, feels flexy(rear). 32H,in my opinion

These are ok. They are not too heavy, but thats ok for XC or trails. Ive had problems with them side to side and up and down, but I was able to loosen all the spokes and true it to within 3mm of wobble. If you ride street, jump or are agressive get some 36s. This is a good OEM rim. The MTX looks like a way beetter rim, or the Atomlab P imp. P imp is a profanity??, no its the name of the rim P imp.

Similar Products Used: Sun Rhino Lite.