Sun-Ringle Equalizer 27 Rim

• BEAD WIDTH: 25mm
  • INNER BEAD WIDTH: 19.5mm
  • SECTION HEIGHT: 18mm
  • WEIGHT: 482g
  • ERD: 542mm, 605mm (29er)
  • HOLE COUNT: 32, 32 (29er)

• User Reviews (5)

esundell90   Cross Country Rider [Jul 06, 2011]
    Strength:

Great wheel for the price, look good, perform well.

I guess a tad on the weak side, but its questionable.

I bought these wheels because they seemed like a good deal. They work well, look good and for the price, you'd be hard pressed to find better. I did manage to bend a back rim after casing a jump landing. However, I was told the people who originally put the rim together laced the spokes incorrectly, which could have caused the rims to be weaker than they normally would have been. Either way, they aren't super expensive so I wasn't broke after I bought a replacement. I'd recommend em for most riders. If you're a serious racer or you like to take big air or something look elsewhere, but for 90% of riders, this is a good wheel.

BurnNotice   Weekend Warrior [Jun 22, 2010]
    Strength:

Well made and very economical for budget minded folks.

Finish on the rims (easily scratched).

I wanted value at an economical price. Let's face it......we cut corners when we can to put that money in other things. I don't think I cut corners with this wheelset. I read alot of reviews and while there were those that hated this wheelset, the good outnumbered them. Plus for $155 I figured if I did not like them I would just bite the bullet and buy a high dollat set of wheels. But I have to say, after installing them and riding them pretty hard I can't find a fault. Why sure, they are not DT Swiss with Hope hubs and $1 a piece spokes! But this wheelset for XC and single track is plenty tuff! I am a little disappointed in the red finish. It scratches easily. If this wheel set would have been molded in color then no complaints what so ever. But that should not matter with mtb'ing and I know that. These soak up rough terrain and tires seat easily on them. The rear hubs on mine are Disc Jockey's but we are not reviewing them here. I do have to say, if your value minded and need a product that is cheap, yes cheap, and will act like a $500+ wheelset, then get a set of Equalizers.

Similar Products Used: WTB 26
    midlifechrisis   Cross Country Rider [Mar 31, 2010]
    Strength:

Easy to get tyres on.
    Fairly wide.

Don't stay true.
    Split very easily.

In 2 years, I have destroyed a front & rear Equalizer 27 rim. First was a bad crash, & I forgave them, & fitted a new one. Yesterday whilst fixing a flat, I noticed a huge split in the rear rim beside the valve hole about 3" long. It could only have been the result of a small 2' drop the previous day, which should be well within the capabilities of an all mountain rime like this. I am not impressed.

anthony.delorenzo   Weekend Warrior [Dec 18, 2008]
    Strength:

Strong, light, look good.

Wish the wider 31mm rim came in the 29er size.

This has been a strong and reliable 29er rim for me. They are a bit lighter and better looking than my old reliable, the Rhyno Lite. I'm 6'6" 230# so not easy on stuff, I built these myself and have not touched them since.

Sun rims are always great bang for the buck and these are no exception.

Similar Products Used: Sun Rhyno Lites, Velocity Dyad
    leafsfan16   Weekend Warrior [Sep 03, 2008]
    Strength:

weight possibly

always need true and tensioning after every ride, wobble constantly, bend 24/7, terrible

Do NOT buy these rims, if your straight up strength buy double tracks, if your more into a medium buy sos's over these, pure junk. I really like funn descenders seem to be strong but only time will tell.