Snow Cat Trials Rim Rim

Snow Cat Trials Rim Rim

Snow Cat Trials Rim

[Jan 11, 2009]
bryan

Strength:

Will get you farther in the snow than a conventional rim.

Not for trail riding on dirt, rocks,etc, it is lightly built for a single purpose(snow riding), and when used in its intended environment,works quite well.

This review is for the snow rim. It is designed for snow riding,44mm wide,lightly built to float better than a conventional rim,so it will not take a lot of abuse.Used in its intended application it will keep you riding longer,but also keep in mind there are many types of snow.If it turns slushy and deep,you might as well break out the skis or go snowboarding.If its frozen you can put studded tires on and cruise the frozen ponds.Another benefit is it will also floats well in moderate sand at the beach.If you cant justify a pugsley(if i put one more bike in my 6 bike stable i'll have to rent a storage unit)it is a good compromise(where are the studded endomorphs,huh? anybody listening?)

[Apr 20, 2000]
J.Ron

Strength:

This rim is intended for snow biking. There's two models.
I have the SL with the holes drilled in it for weight reduction. I rode this bike all winter in town and on the trails and completed the Iditabike on them. I never had a flat all winter. It's the only rim to have for snowbiking. Like the other review said, air it down and glue down one side of the tire bead. I write in magic marker on the rim the side with the glue on it "GLUE" and point an arrow at
the bead so when I get hypothermic and am not thinking too well I won't have to think which side is glued. I like GEAX tires with these rims: Sedona in the rear, blade up front.

Weight, but hey...who else you gonna call?

Only way to go in the snow. I have to rate it the best
because there is NO competition.

[Jan 13, 1999]
Jum
weekend warrior

I've had these rims for 2 months and the other day on a ride a got thorwn over the handlebars when the joint cracked open and caught my brake pad. I was doing nothing abnormal, just riding along a gravel trail. I was quite disappointed with this unexpectedly dreadful preformance. No chilies.

[Mar 06, 1998]
peter
cross-country rider

Ummm, these aren't really downhill or trials rims. Try them in the snow with about 15 psi in the tires, make sure to stick one bead to the rim with sew up glue so you don't shear off the valve, and then see that they are the bomb. Best floatation in snow of any possible alternative.

[Feb 22, 1998]
Loren
downhiller

These rims are wide. I used them last season for downhill on the assumption that I would be less likely to pinch flat. WRONG!. I tried varying the tire pressure from 20 lbs to 60 and I would get flats every run. I have to say that they are very strong as I rode them many times with flat tires both front and rear. The Phat Albert rim looks like a better design for avoiding pinch flats. They sure can make missles look like low profile tires!

[Jan 14, 1998]
Stephen Dorrick

The Snow Cat rim is the MOST indestructable rim on the market! It's 44mm wide profile
(2!!!) is awesome. I've been ridind it for a while, beating the piss out of it in competitions,
and I can't do a damn thing to it. If you do trials this is the rim for you!!!