Salsa Cycles Gordo Rim

• Machined brake track

[Jun 20, 2012]
Throttlemire
All Mountain Rider

Strength:

Traction, especially in sand. Strength. Ability to run low pressure with tubes. Rollover ability.

Weight

I normally run Speshy Captain 2.0 29er tires. I built up some Gordos with Captain 2.2. The wide rims really work for increasing traction, holding a line, rolling over rough terrain and inspiring confidence. I can clear sections with this setup I can't with my other wheels. They are the perfect wheels for all mountain/trail or long travel bikes or big guys who ride really aggressive or ride a lot of rocky or sandy trails. Riding the lifts or shuttling is also perfect for these. The drawback is the weight and extra effort needed to climb with these rims. I needed to gear down with these rims to keep the same cadence as my other wheels. They also don't change direction as fast as lighter wheels, but not a big deal once you adjust and simply throw the front end around a bit more forcefully. There's no doubt wider is better and these guys are fat!!

Easton Haven 29

[May 14, 2011]
umarth

Strength:

Stay true, part of a fairly bullet proof wheelset.

Heavy.

Fine rims. If I had the scratch for a new wheelset, I'd probably go light before I'd go wide, so I might look elsewhere. However, they work fine, hold up fine and my tires look massive. Gordos equal great footprint and solid handling.

Lots

[Jul 09, 2009]
naked energy

Strength:

insanely stiff, bombproof, light?(630 grams), has lasted a year of dirtjump abuse-(yet i am not smooth at all), stays true, i think these are great for dh, dirtjumping, freeride.

could be a little wider for stability
they could look a lot better, but hey they are a great product that can last.

these rims are a great product, I didn't expect them to be so strong and stiff. Yet, they may not look so good, but their positives out weigh their negatives. I say give them a try, I have yet to see how long it takes till the wheel has to be trued, so far so good.
5 chillies for the value and gality.
4 overall- they could look better.
also, these are good for dh as well.

dt swiss 6.1d, mavic ex729, atom lab rims, etc.

[Aug 26, 2006]
kyle veal

Strength:

this thing is the epitomy of strength. I have no complaints about it. It has everything you could want from a non-tubless rim.

none to the knowledge, perhaps weight if your a gram counter

buy this if you want one of the strongest rimes out there. I've seen guys who have problems with beding wheels buy these rims, and their problems dissopear.

I have experience with just about everything on the market. I work at a shop, so i see what works and what doesn't.