Pacenti Cycles TL28 29er Rim

TL28 29er

The TL28 is our new, tubeless friendly, high-performance MTB rim. At 28mm wide and just 438g for the 29" version, the TL28 is AM wide and XC light. Designed for riding everything short of big drops and jumps, the TL28 strikes an excellent balance between a wide cross section and light weight for modern trail bikes.

• Size:29" - ISO 622
  • Hole Count: 32
  • Color: Black

• User Reviews (1)

flyinryan2   Cross Country Rider [Jan 05, 2013]

Build up easily. High quality. Eyelet rim. Nice looking. Subtle graphics. 28mm wide which lends to nice 29er tire profile for better control, less sidewall movement/roll, and lightweight. tires mount easily. Build up to tubeless wheels easily.

None yet.

After building up a set of these rims onto some Hope Pro II hubs on my 29er SS, I can say I really like how they shape the tires for aggressive XC/AM riding. Give a nice wider profile to any tire which makes for more stable handling. I also like the eyelets which make truing a bit easier as well. The fact they are lightweight is another bonus. I'm running these tubeless and have had no burps or problems whatsoever. I used gorilla tape (1 layer I believe) and tires sealed easily. Even got another set of rims for a future wheelbuild as I think these rims are not only high quality but really functional. I have run Stans rims before and these would be comparable to the Flow however, I think I like these a bit better simply b/c of the profile and eyelets. One thing I noticed with Stans rims is the nipples don't tilt for spoke angulation to the hub very well, thus causing spokes to have to be curved from off the spoke bed. The Pacenti rims I have were very nice and round also during buildup.