Mavic XM 117 - XM 117 Disc Rim

Mavic XM 117 - XM 117 Disc Rim

Optimized rim profile, UB Control braking surface, XM 117 is one ofThe highest quality entry level rim onThe market.FEATURES 6106 aluminum alloyPinnedTraditional drillingUB ControlNon eyeletedClincherExternal wear indicator ETRTO compatible size: 559 x 17RecommendedTire widths: 1.00To 2.10Valve hole diameter: 8.5 mm, supplied with valve adapterRecommended nipple length: 12 mmRecommended rimTape: 559 x 18 x 0.6

[Jun 25, 2011]
Corporal Punishment

Strength:

Look sharp

Haven't found any yet

These rims came with a wheelset I bought at LBS. I'm sure they were taken off a new bike that was upgraded. Never had a problem with them. Recently I laced on a new rear hub myself. No problems yet. I'm 190 and ride like a bulldozer. Lots of logs, small drops and some small jumps. I think most complaints about rims have to do with a bad wheel build more than the rims themselves. Tension and truing is key. One chili off for not having reinforced eyelets in the spoke holes. Like I said, no problems yet, but I'm just sayin...

[Oct 02, 2009]
Jim

Strength:

Durable

None that I`ve found

I`ve ridden these wheels pretty hard (a relative term for moutain bikers) for five years and they`ve held up just great. They`ve survived several crashes and come through better than I have.

They get me out and back. What more can I ask for?

They`re a good servicable rim for the money

FSA, Bontrager, etc.

[Sep 18, 2009]
radiomog

Strength:

haven't had any problems what so ever

none that I know of.

OEM equipment on my 06 Prophet. No problems with them what so ever, they have remained true since day 1. While I'm not a hard core biker, I'm no girly man and like to push myself, I've thrown a lot of stuff at this bike and have not had any problems.

OEM

[Jul 02, 2009]
bruised and pissed

Strength:

They LOOK like Carbon

They are weak and soft and it doesnt take much to break them.

These rims almost cost me my life.
On a downhill ride I got about 70% of the way down the hill that Ive gone down a ton of times before on my old bike and I hear a PING noise.
Next thing I know Im waking up on the ground with a rim that is snapped at the seam.
I shattered my Helmet and wrecked the handlebars on my bike and it was only cause of these rims breaking.

I dont know what Norco was thinking putting these on an All Mountain Bike but they are a safety hazzard - Im not a extreme rider and I dont do jumps, Im just in it for the workout (Im 5'10 and 185lbs)

[Oct 22, 2008]
Pablo X

Strength:

great handling,resistant for x-country use, 32h,nice looking , great entry level mavics

little heavy

This rims came with my BH expert mtb, I thought they wont last too long,but a year from now they still working fine,I´m surprised!

Sunn , Mavic crossland, Vuelta.

[Sep 14, 2008]
Mike Sweum

Strength:

Solid,fairly lightweight and dependable

Weight if thats a major concern to ya

I have replaced alot of stuff on this Cannondale since I bought it.This wheelset is just to damn dependable and I ride really hard. I would recommend them.

Sun rims and other mavics

[May 28, 2008]
nightbike..

Strength:

pretty neat looks

one second day ride I hit the curb with rear wheel pretty hard, but not that hard. Well the rims is not as perfect it was before.

I was expecting more from these rims, as a starter they are fine but i don't recommend them..

classic aluminum rim (absorbed even harder hits better )

[Apr 12, 2006]
Dj'r

Strength:

They are 'light'...look good...thats all.

Are WEAK, do not hold up, i destroyed them on my first ride. DO NOT buy them unless they come stock OEM on your bike. Buy a higher end mavics like Xc 717, MX 727 etc..

Dont bother.

[Jul 01, 2003]
dinky dedlybuu

Strength:

very very strong it lock like its made for war!!

none (pelo menos até agora) <---- that´s was a litle of portuguese text

hello i´m portugueese and i am sorry because i had dificult in speling inglish...

none(aluminio de tacho)

[Jul 15, 2007]
James Fedosov

Strength:

Pretty strong, came on a cross country bike (cannondale F800) which i have taken on terrain definantly not meant for the wheels or bike, and they held up fine, nothing wrong with any of the wheel, have ridden them to a few race wins.

a little on the heavy side, but im definantly not a weight weenie.

excellent rims for fairly cheap.