Mavic TN 719 Disc Rim

Mavic TN 719 Disc Rim

Wide enoughTo allowThe use of large volumeTires, but reasonably light,TN 719 Disc answers all ofThe 29er epic mountain biker's needs.FEATURES MaxtalSUPTraditional drillingSingle eyeletClincherDisc ETRTO compatible size: 622 x 19RecommendedTire widths: 1.50To 2.30Valve hole diameter: 8.5 mm, supplied with valve adapterRecommended nipple length: 12 mmRecommended rimTape: 622 x 20 x 0.6

[Mar 23, 2015]
thasingletrackmastah

Strength:

Light and strong.
eyelets

a bit narrow

Great rim, used it in the Alps and Dolomites (off-road).
Stayed round and true, no dents, just a few scratches.
Used them tubeless with ghetto (split tube) rimstrip and Joe's rimstrip.
Joe's rimstrip is more expensive, but easier to inflate.

Mavix TN319
ZTR FLow EX
ZTR Arch EX

[Aug 19, 2012]
Couperinf

Strength:

Looks Good

It broke under maker's instruction
No reply from mavic

1st ride:70min with 6 bar 25c rubino pro :ok
2nd ride:5min with 7 bar 25c rubino pro: rim blew off badly
i weigh only 63kg.

the rim broke within 10 min. after I've inflated 7bar.
its sidewall is so thin i can easily deflect it with 2 fingers.
I'm lucky as it's too late when it happens in the mountain.
if your tn719 hit the rock, yours will soon go kaput.

no reply from mavic. arrogant french.
crc quickly replace it to other rim. thank you so much for a great service.

[Jul 04, 2012]
Rays Season Pass

Strength:

Great response, Sleek looking, Durable

Very good rims. Extremely dependable

[May 23, 2012]
Eben

Strength:

Stiff and true .Running tubeless with continental race king .Installs confidence

Running them on Giant anthem .Compliments the bike .No problems with continental tubeless tyres.No weight limit .I weigh 95kg

[Aug 25, 2011]
Natedogz

Strength:

Relatively lightweight, eyelets, stays true even under my 200 lbs aggressive riding on HT.

Not sure how they'd do with tubeless conversion, I don't see any real bead retention like WTB's GBS to hold the bead locked in once inflated. Tires just kinda inflate with tubes in them, the bead never pops into place. When I get a flat the tire just kinda falls into the center groove of the rims. Anybody run these tubeless successfully? If yes, what is your setup?

I'm about 200lbs and beat my TN719s hard with my hardtail 29er....they have been very bend resistant requiring only two minor re-tightenings of spoke tension...had to true once cause I let them get too loose and rode anyways. My WTB laserdisc 29ers have not fared as well and are slightly heavier. The WTB GBS bead definitely locks into place way better though. I have rolled tires part way off the Mavics during aggressive rock riding and found leaves and dirt hanging out between the tire and rim after my ride.

What is WTB's GBS:
WTB’s proprietary Global Bead Seat design utilizes deeper grooves for the bead seats as well as two raised lips that lock the tire’s beads into pl

[Jul 07, 2011]
Wishful_Thinking

Strength:

Very stiff. Light weight for 29er rim. Cool Graphics.

I replaced my WTB laserdisc trail 29ers with these rims and they are much smoother and stiffer than the laserdiscs. I cannot feel much flex in the rim at all. I believe they are a bit lighter also, makes me feel faster. I really like the bold, yet simple graphics on the rim.

WTB Laserdisc Trail 29er(Really not in the same class as the mavic TN719disc IMHO).

[May 13, 2010]
bimco

Strength:

strong

A good sturdy rim that look good a performs well .This rim converts to tubeless using Stan's and kenda tires effortlessly,making the xtc giant a much better preformer .

giant 29er rims on xtc1 29er