Mavic Open Pro Rim

Mavic Open Pro Rim

Hard anodization creates an oxide layer on the rim to give it additional micro-hardness. This hardness helps prevent corrosion and gives the rim greater durability against the sidewall erosion caused by brake pads. And the gray color -- both on the rim and on the sidewalls -- looks stupendously Pro.

[Mar 10, 2004]
Soenke Petzoldt

Strength:

None i have experienced...They lasted 5 Seconds!!!!
Uh eh.... Nice Stickers, makes a good Hoola Hoop around my waist...maybe

5 Seconds is a short lifetime i think...

Well.. After lacing them up (i havent done that for the first time) and rechecking the spoke tension i was up for a test drive around the block. I barely made it out of my Garage then
WHAMMMMM. My rear wheel broke at the welded joint and imploded. It flapped around the chainstay like a beartrap and ruined the paintwork on my brand-new Frame. I examined the rim
and found out that it was sloppy welded. For the top-line of Mavic road-rims this ist not especially a budget rim and therefor the production quality of this rim is very poor (my Rigidas were much better) . By the way....I never had any problem with my T217 despite the other reviews here.

Mavic T217 CD, several Rigidas

[Jun 28, 2004]
Topher

Strength:

Wheel has stayed true, easy to get tires on and off of, etc.

This is a great rim for training in all conditions. I've ridden on all kinds of road in all kinds of weather and even hit some singletrack on this wheel and have had no durability issues.

Old Trek OE wheels, Spinergy, American Classic Carbon

[Oct 18, 2006]
paul foxcroft

Strength:

15,000 miles rear wheel. Nipple pulled out on tensioning spoke. Front still going strong

Am rebuilding wheel with original hub and second change of ball bearings and open pro rim. Good enough for me. Very happy with price and roundness of wheel.

Mavic Helium wheels.