DT Swiss XRC 330 Rim

DT Swiss XRC 330 Rim

DT-Swiss XRC 330 26" Carbon Disc Rim: Swiss made, disc brake specific rim. DT Swiss XRC 330 Mountain Rims are full carbon, disc specific rims weighing in at 330 grams. XCR 330 offers a smooth ride and lower rotational mass without compromising durability...

[Jul 26, 2008]
IAmtnbikr

Strength:

These are among the absolute lightest rims on the planet now. Plus they're exceptionally strong.

The only weakness that I can see with these rims is the cost. They're steep to say the least at over $1K for a pair of rims alone.

I had thought about going to a lighter wheelset than my X317/King DiscGoTech setup. I finally pulled the trigger and made the investment. Definitely NOT a bargain for the dollar spent, but they're the bomb if you want to drop rotating weight which is THE place to lose it if possible. They built up just fine with my current King hubs and some fresh Velox tape. Not a single issue. Initial rides including a quick neighborhood cruise to seat things in and then some local singletrack on trails not devastated by our flooding yielded pleasing results. You could not tell there was any change other than possibly quicker spin-up on some flat sections out in the woods. They were trouble-free and thus far there has been no need to retrue or retension. If you want or need some of the lightest wheels possible then these are certainly worth your consideration. As long as you can bear the high cost. But if you are more of a thrasher than a XC rider then I'd shy away from these. Another well-designed DT Swiss product. I was hooked after getting the rear shock and that opened my thoughts to trying thier rims and I'm glad I did so far.