DT Swiss XR 350 Rim

The DT Swiss XR350 rim provides unparalleled performance for XC riding. For 26" Disc only Perfect for XC riding/racing Presta valve Double wall alloy construction Approximate weight 350 grams SBWT welded seam Width 22.2mm Made in Switzerland

Eric Malcolm   [Nov 19, 2012]
Strength:

Nice lightweight rim, competitive pricing for this category. I liked building my wheels with this rim, the joints were evenly done so trueing the wheels is a pleasure without the left/right wobble present in many rims I have used. Unlike Stan's, I can use higher tyre pressures which suits my riding environment. Never had to re-true these wheels after building and have lasted 1 year and still immaculate.

A sticker on 1 side peeled off, is that a biggie? I'm 83kg, they're rated up to a 75kg rider, do these rims have too much safety margin? Can't but these in New Zealand and had to import.

I must state that my riding is more of a MonsterCross style than pure MTB, although I do some XC races on a rigid bike, so no jumps etc, to challenge this rim. It has performed flawlessly for me.

OVERALL
Boda   Weekend Warrior [Mar 27, 2012]
Strength:

Extremely light rims, good workmanship. These rims are delicate but enough strong to support my weight (91 kilograms). I made also some jumps (no drops). Anyway after one year of use I had no problems.

For XC use only. The surface color is extremely thin but not so weak.

If you search for light rims they are your right choice. These rims are made by Alex Rims (as almost all rims in the world) for DT Swiss, probably XRC Super Comp branded by Alex Rims are substantially identical to these one but if you like the Swiss they are for you.