Avro Zum Rim

The first rim Avro Industries developed in 1998 was for downhill.

It was the first rim specifically designed for the "big" 3 inch tires that became available that year.

In spring 1999 Avro was also the first 24 inch rim available for downhill. In 2000 the Avro Icycle winter cycling rim was developed. Since then Avro is also involved in developing products for dual slalom and BMX. Avro is currently producing a 36 inch proprietary rim for a client in the unicycle industry.

alko holl   Downhiller [Mar 15, 2002]
Strength:

never see it

never see it

the fact is, that I pay for this rims and never see it..
Avro rims told me for 2 years, that he will send me rims, but nothing comes to my adres..
Neverbuy this rims, while you will never get one!

Simon Rakower   Cross Country Rider [Mar 09, 2004]
Strength:

Solid as a rock.

Price.

Buy it if you can.

Similar Products Used: Snow Cat
Etienne   Downhiller [Aug 01, 2002]
Strength:

Strong. You can sit on a 26" rim (vertically) and it will still be round (I'm 185 pounds). Great construction. The welding on the seam is perfect. I think it's handmade...not sure.

CUSTOMER SERVICE : I b*tched about it in my other review. So I wanna apologize to avro. After having a problem with ups (see below) an employee personnally came deliver my rims. I don't think many companies would do that.

All black. A company logo or some sort of design would be nice. That's the biggest weakness I can find...that tells a lot. Doesn't really matters unless you're a big poser.

This is a follow up of the review below (which I wrote yesterday). Turned out avro tried to send me the rims but ups sent them back because they didn't find my address. Right now I only built the rear wheel and it's holding great. Way better than doublewides, which I broke on the second abusive ride. Even tough I'm really trying hard to break the wheel, make it go out of true, bad dishing, tacoed, eggshelled, etc...I just can't. **This wheel is one bad "insert profanity here".** There is a real affordable alternative to overhyped doublewides and ridiculously expensives dee-max. Thanks avro !