Atomlab TrailPimp Rim

TrailPimp

• Extruded and rolled from 6061 T-6 aluminum
  • Extra tall, extra wide
  • Extra wide spoke positioning for stiffness
  • 34mm wide
  • 20, 24, or 26"

• User Reviews (45)

joe   Downhiller [Jul 16, 2003]
    Strength:

They look like a freaking supermodel. Strong, wide many sizes

haha

Buy them.they are the best rims ive ever had. so many sizes, they are worth every penny.

Similar Products Used: nothings this nice
    Hugh G. Rection   Weekend Warrior [Jul 05, 2003]
    Strength:

Withstands much punishment. Keeps the tires on. Comes in 24". Is not too wide. Tall sidewalls to prevent flatspotting. Their looks alone make me wanna ride more often.

Tough to build. They are in all the videos so they make you look like a poser.

Build your wheels with these rims and you will feel warm inside like me.

Similar Products Used: Nothing that compares.
    Phil   [Dec 23, 2003]
    Strength:

Cheapish, Overbuilt, Black?

Sidewalls dent easily/too tall, Could drop a lot of weight by using eyelets, Overbuilt, Not the easiest wheel build

I built a wheel up and dented the rear wheel at whistler on the first run with normal tire pressure. Both sidewalls folded inward by 5mm. I was in a crunch for a new rim and decided to try a trailpimp. Ok rim for the money, I'll stick with D321s or maybe try the DHR.

Similar Products Used: D321, D521, Singlewide, Singletrack, Rhynolite, D121
    Chris Dufault   Downhiller [Nov 15, 2003]
    Strength:

These are some sick strong rims, super thick wall, look sexy.

Some people call them heavy but really whats 200 extra grams on a dh bike when it ways 25kg

These are some awsome rims, super strong, killer looking too. I bought them at a race when I cracked*** my mag 30s. So far they have stayed true with no flat spots. There is a dent in the side wall though, dont know when it happend but they didnt come untrue so who cares?? The bottom line is I went through 2 sets of wheels this season and the trailpimps havent failed me yet. Get em, you wont be disapointed!!!!

Similar Products Used: Mag 30, single tracks
    Jim   Weekend Warrior [Oct 15, 2005]
    Strength:

Extra wide, slick looking

Heavy, not as tough as they boast

Great upgrade for many other rims and great looking. On my very first run with these, I took a rock garden and put two flat spot on the rear rim. They just don't hold up to thier name!

Similar Products Used: Bombshell Fat Boy, Mavic CrossMax
      Downhiller [Dec 17, 2001]
    Strength:

they "look" like good wheels....and I use that term loosly

Quality of product...Customer Service...Warrenty

This review is for the Trailpimp wheelset. At first glance the wheelset looks quite strong and well built.When I first recieved my wheelset I discovered that they were very out of true and were far from round being round(they were OVAL to put it mildly!!) I immediatly called the factory and was promptly told that this NEVER happens and that there "Quality control" process is of the highest standards of the mountain bike industry and that if I was to return the wheelset to the factory a new set would be priorty mailed right back to me the same day they recieved them...Fair enough I thought.

well I sent them back priorty mail(They recieved wheelset in 3 days) and after many emails and several phonecalls they finally got around to sending me a much needed wheelset back to me,translation....They forgot!!

Well there promise of replacing my trailpimp wheelset with a new wheelset was anything but true....All they did was "attempt" to fix the wheel which resulted in me recieving a wheel that arrived to me with two(2) broken spokes and one severely bent spoke.After trying to contact the factory with NO REPLY from them I took the wheelset to a experienced wheel builder who saved the day. Also they sent me a wheelset that had NO PACKING in the box which resulted in various dings and scratches in the wheels themselves.....So much for quality control.

To anyone considering purchasing a set of wheels from this company or from there factory representive...... (mtbjuky@aol.com).....Read my review and decide for yourself,I may have been a isolated case in poor customer service AND a lousy product but that NO EXCUSE for what happened....Time to put the mavics back on.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager...Mavic...Shimano
    Jason   Weekend Warrior [Jun 05, 2007]
    Strength:

Absolutly indestructable. I've taken these things off of a 10' drop to flat and no flatspots or warps. It even fell of the bike rack at 55 mph and I was able to rebuild it back to straight. Atomic Labratories means what the rimstrip says. They are tough as hell.

none at all

by far the best bang for your buck. 55 bucks for just a rim from their web site. and the 200 bucks for the whole wheelset was a steal. And anyone looking for some bad ass urban assault/dirt jumper rims best way to go.

Similar Products Used: sun rhyno lytes
    mike jolley   Weekend Warrior [Jan 21, 2002]
    Strength:

look damm fine ive only had them a week but they feel very tough in 24"

none so far

i got my rims for £30 each and had em built up with deore disc hubs. They look mint Trust Me. Since ive only had em for a bit im not sure how they'll stand up but i bet they will.

Similar Products Used: none
    Andrejs V   [Jan 20, 2002]
    Strength:

Large arch type design
    Wide spoke offset
    Comes in black
    Cheaper than competitors (Mag30, ArrowFWT, etc...)
    TOUGH TOUGH RIM!

Atomic makes too few in a batch, so you might be waiting to get your hands on some!

Here's my story. I like to use stairs as jumps. I used to run Doublewides. I was able to ovalize a Doublewide so frikkin bad that the tire would pop off on ANY drop (read curb). After starting to mash my second one badly, and not really wanting to stop lauching up stairs, I bought some Trailpimps. I had to wait awhile, but the wait was well worth it. Where I can kill a Doublewide in a month, the Trailpimp has held up to SIX months of the same if not harsher abuse than my Doublewide has.
    Bottom line, ARCH designs RULE. This one is quite tough, and has a wide spoke offset. My wheels were beef and flexed so little. I would like to test some more rims though, perhaps in time I will try some of the manufacturers, but problem is, they want too much money. So I'll probably be sticking to the Trailpimps.