Atomlab Pimplite Rim

Atomlab Pimplite Rim

Atomlab Pimplite Rim: Based on the profile of the amazingly string Trailpimp rim but with a smaller box section and shorter, thicker side walls. 170g lighter than the Trailpimp and even more durable at lower tire pressures.

[Sep 22, 2013]
Austin

Strength:

Looks
Strength
Stiffness

Weight?

I have these on a 09 Trek Fuel Ex. I ride a lot of rocks. I destroyed 3 of the bontrager rythem rims that came on the fuel ex. Upgraded to these laced to hope pro 2 hubs front and rear. 32 hole with dt swiss alpine 3 spokes. I have had zero issues, less flats and the rims are true after 2.5 years of riding. Would buy again in a heartbeat. Maybe a little heavy compared to newer wheelsets, but for the $500 bucks I have in these, you can't beat em.

[Mar 05, 2013]
FueledbyAlex

Strength:

Strength, durability, lazer etching, and several color choices.

None so far

I have these laced up for a Hope Pro2 front hub and an Atomlab's Pimp rear 9speed hub with Atomlab's spokes and torque nipples. I have them mounted on my Specialized Demo 8 and I've used them several times with zero issues and even when landing sketchy, off camber, or casing doubles. They stay true as the rim tape advertises from Atomlab and the light weight of the wheels makes the Demo so nimble and pedal friendly. I'm really impressed with these and would highly recommend it to anyone. They've switched from the sticker labels to lazer etching on the rims which only adds to the pimpness.

[Dec 07, 2011]
fawndog
Downhiller

Strength:

Strong rims, nice deep V for easily mounting tires

Stickers peeled off, but they actually look better

I thought maybe these rims would be too flimsy for DH, NOT! They are laced to Hadley hubs so the wheel as a whole was pretty strong. The first Whistler trip was 5 days and not even a hiccup. Then I tried a light tire at Northstar, I got 4 snake bites on rocks but never damaged these rims. A second trip to Whistler and I only broke a spoke, container drops roots rocks, a true test. I loned the bike to a friend, and later he professed that he was to nice to them. His rental on the other hand got 2 dents per rim on DTs.
This will be my third season pounding these things, I don't stress too much on cost if something works well, but these are reasonable light hoops.