Alex Rims TD17 Disc Rim

The Alex TD17 rim is a disc only rim that features an Anti-snakebite design that minimizes or avoids pinch flats caused by impacts to low pressure tires. Rim Depth: 17.9 mm Brake Compatibility: Disc Only ERD: 605 mm Valve: Presta ISO Diamet

Michaelk   Weekend Warrior [Dec 04, 2010]
Strength:

Hold up well to city riding.

None so far.

These rims hold up to city riding very well. The finish has also held up well.

MrCookie   Cross Country Rider [Dec 05, 2008]
Strength:

Price, and ease of use. Works well

A bit on the narrow side, and I did knock a serious woble into one in a crash.

These are an awesome entry level to intermidiate lever rim at a killer price. I wish they were a about 5mm wider.

Similar Products Used: Salsa Delgado Disc (Nearly identical except for width)
Bruzer   Weekend Warrior [Oct 17, 2008]
Strength:

Simple clean design, disc brake only, closely matched the profile of the rim I was replacing.

None so far.

Purchased this rim at the LBS to replace my bent front wheel. They relaced it with my old hub. This rim works great so far. It hooks the bead of the tire much better than my stock rim. Picked this rim because it closely matched my damaged stock rim profile and depth. Looks to be as strong as my previous rim.

Similar Products Used: Stock wheels/rims on my bike.
Ryan   Cross Country Rider [Sep 11, 2008]
Strength:

Durable, Inexpensive, & lighter than the stock wheels on my Rockhopper 29er

Weight

I needed a rim that could take moderate abuse and stay true but didn't want a freeride or DH rim. They have taken some pretty big hits at strange angles and stayed true. My rear chainstay had broken and the rims are still true. I have only gotten one pinch flat and have pretty much stopped trying to avoid them.

Similar Products Used: Stock Rockhopper 29er wheels
PoorBehavior   Weekend Warrior [Aug 28, 2008]
Strength:

Low price.

Heavy.

1st set I laced up myself. I had a very hard time getting them true and round with good tension, but that was me. I had my local shop finish them off after I worked them up and they have held up great, have not needed to touch them since. I weight about 220lbs and don't qualify myself as "smooth".

Julius   Cross Country Rider [Mar 08, 2008]
Strength:

Cheap, matches my frame

Weak, flex

Ok Im taking back my thoughts of this wheelset. Actually the hubs and spokes are stout but the rims are crappy. The rear rim has been trued twice and not getting any better. Decided to replace w/ Stan's ZTR Arch 29er.

Julius   Cross Country Rider [Dec 25, 2007]
Strength:

Price, solid, lightweight for the material

Graphics is one big sticker

This is my first 29er wheelset. These rims came with LX disc hubs and DT Swiss spokes. This wheelset is very solid for the price. Not the lightest set but I'm 200 pounds so I need that beefy rim. It's very solid thru corners and I feel no flex when I accelerate. This is definitely a good wheelset for first time 29ers.