Alex Rims DX32 Rim

Alex Rims DX32 Rim

The Alex DX32 rim is pinned joint with CNCd sidewall for great durability and strength. Rim Depth: 15.7 mm Brake Compatibility: Rim Brake ERD: 550 mm Valve: Schrader Tire Type: Clincher Weight: 770 g Wi...

[Sep 01, 2011]
matosman
Downhiller

Strength:

good looking, tough, stiff, wide, cheap, about everything wou want in a rim

weaknesses? its tough as hell xD

Its nearly indestructible, reasonably cheap, a bit heavy, wide as hell, its good looking beacause its different its quite stiff

mavic 729ex, mavic 721 ex, rodi DH, Rodi Blackjack

[Jan 25, 2011]
sk8dad

Strength:

Strong, wide

heavy, ugly

Though a bit dated, this rim used to be the only kid on the block for DH and trials. I just recently swapped out my rhyno lites on the rear as I'm doing more trials stuff. The wide stance really decreases the potential for pinch flats for a given pressure. The width also improves my ledge grip. Aside from trials, I also rode some dj, trails, and pavement on these. I must say, I don't really notice the added weight or any handling issues. For my purposes, this is exactly what I'm looking for.

As a side note, one of my trials buddies has also switch to dx32's and has been gapping 8-9 feet to pointy ledges for the past 4 months on it. It hasn't dented yet.

[Jul 16, 2008]
rad8

Strength:

massively strong; considering the strength, pretty damn light; wide if you like that sort of thing; and not expensive.

not very sexy

It may not look flashy but this is one strong rim that doesn't actually weigh very much. Note that I weigh 220 lbs.

Perfect for casing jumps and missing 180s on concrete. Pretty much the standard rear trials rim for a reason.

Because it's not flashy means that it's not expensive either = high value.

D321; D521 and ex721; MTX; singletrack; and rhynolite

[Apr 06, 2008]
Dan

Strength:

This rim is VERY strong, and decently wide, which makes your tires much more stable feeling, especially at low pressure.

The 19" one on my Unicycle is pretty much impossible to warp, especially with 48 spokes laced 4x.

The 3 26" ones I have ridden, 1 on my old bike laced 2x with old used spokes, and the set I ride on my Norco Sasquatch laced properly 3x, have also been very strong wheels, and I never fear them coming untrue.

Hard to find 32h 24" Or 48h in any size.
Heavy? But that kind of relates to the strength. They aren't THAT heavy, they weigh less than MAG30's and Double Tracks.
Pinned seam, not welded, which would make these rims even more awesome.

I recommend these rims to everyone who runs disc brakes and isn't too concerned about weight. For $25 a rim, you don't even have to be scared about breaking them if you case some gap or something.

Countless other rims.

[Jan 27, 2008]
Jake

Strength:

These rims are VERY strong. And as an added bonus, they are very inexpensive! Did I mention they look AWESOME?

These rims are moderately heavy. Also,they were actually too wide for me to run rim brakes with because my bosses were too close together.

These rims are the best free-ride/urban rims you can buy for the money. When built well, they will remain true for a long time. After many bad landings, wall-rides-gone-wrong, and flat-to-flat jumps, these rims have remained perfectly true.

all of em (or at least most)

[Mar 13, 2008]
Brandon

Strength:

This is a massively strong rim. I built it and trued it myself and it has held strong every time (wtf up with that!?) They also look wicked even if they are a little heavy. Oh waahh! I definetely plan on lacin' up more of these onto all of my bikes

I reccomend this rim for any one who truly beats the heck out of their rims and is tired of always truing them

xm317s, Alex td20's bombshell fatboy, ds-1's, ds-2's,