Alex Rims DP20 Disc Rim

• Pin joint, 32 or 36 holes, silver, black, powder coating W/SSE
  • 26"-490g, ERD 538.9mm, ETRTO 559X20mm

• User Reviews (11)

D.Cortez   [May 13, 2015]
    Strength:

strong enough for a person well over 200 lbs.

HAD a valve stem problem,went through 4 tubes in a week and as soon as I got on and started pedaling BOOM!! so after the fourth tube I snapped ,broke the rim down and rubbed my fingers over every square inch and found that the edges of the valve stem hole had been razor sharp so a little patience and 220 sandpaper THAT'S RIGHT!!! we are back on the road baby!!!

so if your having a similar issue there you go.....your welcome

Gerson   [Jan 11, 2015]
    Strength:

They are surely strong rims.

It keeps ripping the valve/needle of my tubes at the seem.
    I bought it to replace the original and since then my problem appeared, at first I thought it could have been the tube brand so I kept switching between the only 2 brands I can get around here. Also taking it to two different shops to have them replace the tube after I felt incompetent to do such an easy job. Needless to say that the issue kept happening.

Not really happy with the rim, but I understand that defective goods come out of the lines every now and then. I have emailed them asking for a replacement. Hope the replacement doesn't come with the same issue.

Gravity_rider   [Apr 02, 2013]
    Strength:

Cheap, Light and TOUGH!

none observed

This is one TOUGH rim for it's price range. I currently use the 36 hole variant and I have thrown my bike to bunnyhops, decents, drops, pedaled through rocks the size of melons and even used them crossing shallow rivers and they still hold up to the punishments...still true since day 1

even the stickers are still intact!

Alamin   Downhiller [Sep 06, 2012]
    Strength:

Strong and lightweight

None so far

I bought this wheelset off from my friend and ive never reegret that decision. Ive been downhill, xc, dirt jumps and street riding it at skateparks with no prolem. Its light weight makes it easier to jump. With a 2.35 nevegal tire, this thing's awesome!

mark!   [Jul 10, 2012]
    Strength:

As a big boy, 370 pounds, I needed something other than a single walled Bontrager rim that came on my Trek bike. The LBS had a complete wheel on sale for about half off, said it was going to be an upgrade, so I figured I'd give it a try. I took 18 miles of trails on the bike, a few drops here and there, nothing major since I baby things as much as possible at my weight. This rim has been solid so far, it's been great. I hit some hard stumps yesterday on accident and stopped to inspect things, always cautious as a larger rider that I'll jack something up, but it's still straight as it was when I bought it. I still plan on trying my hand at building my own wheels soon, getting a stronger rim for cheaper and keeping parts of my current wheel to build it up, but right now, the Alex Rims DP20 has been outstanding.

None so far.

I'd recommend this rim to anyone looking for a stronger than stock single walled rim. My stock SW rim just didn't cut it. Being a bigger, active guy, I needed something I felt comfortable with, this rim, so far hasn't given me any reason to doubt it's ability to perform, even under my weight. Will keep a very close eye on it though.

Daemongrad   Weekend Warrior [May 22, 2011]
    Strength:

Look, Weight, Price.

Only a weakness if you use the rim for something it shouldn't be, but it flat spots bad. Heavy hits will dislodge spoke nipples.

a Good Value for the buck XC rim, as I got the pair for about 200. They fair well as an all mountain rim, handling most smallish drops, NOT FOR URBAN, NOT FOR FREERIDE and most certainly NOT FOR DOWNHILL!!!! I don't know how they hold up on dirt jump because I don't do them.

Similar Products Used: Singletrack, WTB dual duty.
    Michael   Weekend Warrior [Dec 18, 2010]
    Strength:

apparently its cheap

really weak! i tried whipping the back end out while doing a small bunny hop and the rim buckeled so badly that it nearly touches the frame on both sides.

These things suck! If your just riding around the place they're fine, but as soon as you do something stupid, chances are they'll buckle.