Alex Rims DM24 Rim

The Alex DM24 Rim is a lightweight yet strong and durable rim for BMX riding. Pinned joint with sidewall wear indicator line and eyelets Rim Depth: 16.4 mm Brake Compatibility: Rim Brake Valve: Schrader Tire Type: Clincher Weight: 395 g

Mike   Weekend Warrior [Feb 02, 2017]
Strength:

Very strong rims they come on police bikes at least they used to and usually anything the cops use is way better than avg.and can stand a lot of abuse there's a reason there on police bikes because there lighter and stronger than magic other wise they would be using mavic cause money is no object when it comes to a officers life believe that ,that sold me hands down

Sidewall

Alex DA 22 are lighter by a few grams beating there comp.its no shock that these rims are used on police bikes its because they can takes hits beatings and bashing don't listen to the haters these ate second to none unless u spend 500$

Similar Products Used: Laserdisc lite outlaw rims by azonic sta true rims by Alex sun rims and a few more da 22are one of the best
dAjUiCe   Weekend Warrior [Jan 12, 2014]
Strength:

- Fine for commuting

- Poor quality
- Not meant for mountain biking on trails
- If you're a Clydesdale forget about it

These rims came with my mountain bike bought in 2012. For the first year of owning the bike, I didn't have time to take it on the trail (XC). My regular commuter bike was in the shop so I used the mountain bike as a backup commuter bike. The rims performed fine as I wasn't jumping off curbs or doing anything crazy, just simply riding on the street to get to work. Last year I was able to finally take my mountain bike for some real trail riding. I did a small jump, no more than 6 inches (15cm) drop, not going fast at all with very little air, the front rim crumpled while the rear one came untrue. I'm a Clydesdale, weighing 250lbs (113kg) but the fact drop was no more than 6 inches told me this rim sucked. Unless you're using your bike as a commuter, stay away from this rim.

tath   Weekend Warrior [May 15, 2011]
Strength:

very solid, immmortal

This is the most amazing product in my bike! I bought my 1st dm24 rims back in 2005 (back wheel) and later i got another one for me front wheel. I am heavy for a rider - my weight is about 90kg - and even though that i used to ride some heavy freeride there rims never failed me! I am riding XC/Enduro right now I won't change them for lighter, since they are immortal. (i used 2.35 tyres for freeride and 2.1 for xc)

Electrolytes   Weekend Warrior [Apr 05, 2011]
Strength:

Strong, Looks nice

I really like these rims. They have been mounted on my bike for a little over a year, and paired with Panaracer Fire FR 2.4 tires (also recommended). I got the white ones, they look good in contrast with my black bike. I can't figure out how people say they are bending them so easy. I Vacation in Moab frequently, and ride a heavy-ass Iron Horse mostly downhill. I haven't even put a scratch on them. Most recently I rode a trail not on the map that the locals know as "minesweeper", Its all chunky jagged rocks on a very steep decline - No Problems. My spokes seem fine. Alex DM24 is rated for freeride use (according to Alex website), so they shouldn't fall apart when rolling off a curb. I really think that anyone building a durable bike on a budget should buy these! They work well with wider than average tires, and should work well on a hardtail too. I cannot comment on the weight because I ride a very heavy build and don't notice much difference over the WTB / Mavic wheels I broke before I put these on. I am sure there are stronger and lighter wheels out there, but for a budget build these are the way to go.

Similar Products Used: WTB , Mavic
Joe DePalma   Weekend Warrior [Feb 24, 2011]
Strength:

Disc ready, durable, hub has sealed bearings

Heavy

I use this wheel only in Winter when the going is bad. I found it on a junked Smith and Wesson police bike next to a dumpster covered in snow. I had it trued at my LBS and it rides great for what I use it for. It is much better that the stock junk on Trek bikes, and moved well for it's weight. I wouldn't use this wheel for anything other than rides where durability may be an issue, as the weight would likely bog even an experienced rider down.

Similar Products Used: Matrix 550, Pure XCR
grooveguy5   Cross Country Rider [Feb 17, 2010]
Strength:

Sealed bearings, disk ready and sturdy.

Heavy

I bought these wheels to replace my OEM Trek wheels that bent and broke spokes very easy. I have not broke any spokes w/ these wheels and just now after six months am getting close to needing a truing. Weight keeps me from giving five chilis though I would recommend these wheels.

Similar Products Used: Matrix 550 OEM Trek wheels
Bill   Weekend Warrior [Sep 28, 2009]
Strength:

Rims seem solid. Came built with qualtiy hubs.

Spokes too short. I broke two nipples because the spokes didn't run the full length of the nipples. I had to rebuild both wheels completely.

I am not at all pleased by a commercial wheel builder that will use incorrect spokes. If you are thinking of buying a set, check that the spoke length is right. Check the rest of the build carefully.

Similar Products Used: I usually build my own wheels on Mavic rims.
weemac26   Cross Country Rider [Jul 20, 2009]
Strength:

Found that these rims are very strong despite all the abuse they have recieved from me over the last 6 years. Lots of cross country with Gnarly decents with 4 & 5 ft drops, Jumps well & have survived several big wipeouts.

The corners have become heavily marked from the rocks kicked into them. Glad I use discs

It's all to do with how well the wheels have been built in the first place. I have trashed many wheels before getting this set. I can ride with the confidence that these wheels are as near to bomb proof.

Similar Products Used: Have used Mavics & Suns before but found they felt tired quick, still find that the DM24 ride like new
GoremanX   Weekend Warrior [Jul 04, 2009]
Strength:

Wide, can accommodate wide tires
Good looking in black

Only 32 spokes
Bent way too easily
Heavy

I'm 6'1", 260 pounds. Because of this, everything I do on my bike is punishing. But I didn't expect the back wheel to bust a spoke just from rolling off a sidewalk. The rim went all wobbly on me, and it took me 2 hours to true it up again. Since there's only 32 spokes, the rim would un-true during every ride, and I'd have to re-straighten it again on a regular basis. I've finally replaced the spoke, but I'm now unable to get it trued anymore, it's always wobbly. Even the LBS can't get it right. I give up, I'm moving onto something stronger, preferably with 36 or 48 spokes.

I don't know how much these are worth, but since they came stock on my Kona Hoss, which is supposed to be a Clydesdale, I'm going to give them a bad value rating of 2 flaming Chilis.

As for the overall rating, I'll give them 2 because they're heavy, have few spokes, bend easily, and are generally useless.

Dirtcrazed   Weekend Warrior [Jun 22, 2009]
Strength:

weak already bent back rim. front hub broke first week

piece of junk