Alex Rims Adventurer Rim

The Alex Adventurer Rim features a double wall design for increased durability and rigidity without a big jump in weight. Wear indicator line Rim Depth:17.6 mm Brake Compatibility: Rim Brake ERD: 543 mm(26"), 608 ...

William   [Jun 07, 2013]
Strength:

Strong and sturdy. Run true. Double wall construction, with eyelets. Excellent rim for loaded touring.

None so far.

I have over 10K miles with these rims on my Surly LHT. My Shimano XT hubs failed before the rims wore down to the point that they have to be replaced. I have ridden on pavement, sand and gravel and everything in between with no problems, and I am a 6'2"/230 lb rider. I have never had a broken spoke with these rims, NOT ONE! I have ridden over road obstacles, (not intentionally), and at speed without the wheel going out of true. Excellent for loaded touring, I have purchased a set to replace my originals. Didn't look at anything else.

rockhopperss   Weekend Warrior [Feb 20, 2011]
Strength:

Well made, nice looking, nice braking surface, eyelets

for the price, NONE!

These rims allowed me to build up my first wheel with maybe 1/2mm runout, and the wheel has held true. It takes a well made rim to make a good wheel, and for the price this is a tough rim. I will not hesitate to purchase another if I ever need another 26" wheel.

Similar Products Used: CR-18s, WTB powerbeam
Rman   Cross Country Rider [Jan 01, 2011]
Strength:

lifespan, easy to build

this is not really a weakness but the alex stickers faded and peeled off. Schwalbe marathon and marathon winter tires impossible to mount without bead lube, overpressuring and a some wrestling,and they still don't run true.

I built wheels for my 26 inch touring bike with Alex adventurer 36h rims.These rims now have 15000 km on them(approx 3000km loaded touring).They built up easy and still run true. I ride off lots of curbs and through potholes with these. My previous touring setup was with 700c DM18 rims. The adventurer rims seem a little straighter and brake smoother than the dm18. The braking surface has worn down a fair amount from trail riding and foul weather grit.No more schwalbe tires while I have these rims.