The Hive Single Speed Rear Hub

Single Speed Rear

Chub singlespeed disc hubs incorporate the technical advantages of our massive flanges into an ISO disc compatible, thread on singlespeed hub.

• Stout 15mm 7075 Aluminum through axle
  • Precision Japanese ball bearings
  • Massive clamping force provided by twin M10 Screws
  • Optimized fiber orientation for torque transfer between flanges
  • 32 holes; 135mm spacing
  • Ti M10 Screws (292 grams); SS M10 Screws (301 grams)
  • Color : Silver/Carbon or Blackout
  • MSRP: $225 (Ti M10); $199 (SS M10)

• User Reviews (2)

flyinryan2   Cross Country Rider [Nov 12, 2011]
    Strength:

Very strong hub and smooth bearings. I can actually notice when riding my other wheels that bearings on these Hive hubs are very high quality and roll great. I've used these for races, longer XC rides, and very rocky descents and they are solid. Due to the larger flanges, I guess it builds a stronger lateral stiffness in a wheel but it also depends on spoke type and lacing you use. You can build 3x with these and I might even try 2x next time. I got one of the first gen hub sets released and was waiting anxiously for several mths and when they arrived I was amazed at the lightness and quality of them. The Ti bolts are very smooth, light, and stay tight when tightened. Questions I've had have been handled pretty quickly from the folks at the Hive.

Having to explain to the Non-Observant that this IS NOT a Rohloff, Nexus, Alfine hub and then seeing the look of puzzlement.

I like these hubs. They look cool, get lots of compliments, questions, and ride great. If you like SS, you should try them.

Similar Products Used: Hope Pro II (both cassette and SS versions), Surly, XT's, XTR's, WTB.
    OVERALL
    cbetony   Cross Country Rider [Apr 03, 2009]
    Strength:

A light but very stout high flange 1 speed hub. Silky Smooth bearings. Carbon bling factor!

This hub set is way smooth and very light. The High flanges make for a very strong wheel build due to better triangulation and shorter spokes. This is a great hub set for 29er wheel builds. The guys at Bicycle Emporium in Auburn were glad to order the hubs and built them up in quick jiffy for me. The same guys that distribute the hubs brought Formula brakes to the US. I called Chris at Formula, and got all my questions answered without any attitude. Great customer service for the brakes and the hubs. It's great to see you can still get an awesome product for a great price.

Similar Products Used: Paul WORD hub, Spot one speed hub, White ind. ENO hub.
    OVERALL